Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Sense and Sensibility Bicentenary Challenge 2011

Here is another wonderful reading challenge opportunity from Austenprose-A Jane Austen Blog. It is the bicentennial anniversary of the publication of one of my favorite books of all time: Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. There are a lot of fun Jane Austen biographies out there, as well as several spin-offs. In fact, I have started a nice collection of my own that I am simply itching to expand. Here is another good excuse for me to do so. *wink*

For this challenge, I will be committing to the Aficionada level, which means I will be reading/viewing 9-12 books/films. My projected book/film list is as follows:








Books

  • Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen - finished March 27
  • Colonel Brandon's Diary by Amanda Grange
  • Elinore and Marianne: A Sequel to Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility by Emma Tennant
  • Eliza's Daughter by Joan Aiken
  • Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Jane Austen and Ben H. Winters - finished March 10
  • The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman
  • The Dashwood Sisters Secrets of Love by Rosie Rushton
  • The Third Sister by Jane Barrett
Movies
  • Sense and Sensibility (1995)
  • Sense and Sensibility (2008) - watched it on March 26

With that being said, it's time to go. I've got a lot of reading to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva