Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: March 29, 2011


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. It is a meme that lets you see what your fellow bloggers are reading and gives you a glimpse at books you may want to read. Anyone can participate so long as they follow the rules:

  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  4. PLEASE DON'T SHARE SPOILERS! Try not to give away too much with your selection.
  5. Share the title, author, and page numbers so that others can add it to their to-be-read list if they want.
My teaser of the week:

"Aislinn stayed silent until it was time to go to afternoon classes, her fingernails digging small half circles --like slivers of the sun-- into her palms. She concentrated on the pain of those suns, only partially visible in her skin, and wondered if she had any chance at all of escaping from Keenan's attention."
This selection comes from page 87 of the Nook edition of Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. So far, I'm still having trouble deciding about this book. I will say that I was absolutely thrilled to see Christina Rossetti's "Goblin Market" referenced. It's one of my favorite poems.

13 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to read this series but haven't gotten around to it yet. Great teaser choice and I'm a new follower! You can see my teaser choices at The Bookish Snob Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to read this series, but I heard so much about it, that I can barely wait. Great choice for a teaser.

    Take a look at my Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read this series too. Good teaser.

    Here’s My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be interesting to see what you think of the book. I have it, but haven't read it yet! No time!
    Here's Mine!

    GraceKrispy@MotherLode blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read it yet either, although I do have a copy. Interesting teaser.

    My teaser is from a new author who i think we will be hearing a lot more of...
    http://sooozsaysstuff.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-march-1st-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVED that series. Definitely a great choice. :-) Enjoy reading!

    Here are my teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser, lots of tension!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very popular series. One day I might actually get to read it.


    Here's my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that you are enjoying your book. Check out my Teaser for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good series, great teaser, stop and see mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice teaser! Hope you're enjoying the book.
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva