Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: April 26, 2011


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. It is a meme that lets you see what your fellow bloggers are reading and gives you a glimpse at books you may want to read. Anyone can participate so long as they follow the rules:

  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  4. PLEASE DON'T SHARE SPOILERS! Try not to give away too much with your selection.
  5. Share the title, author, and page numbers so that others can add it to their to-be-read list if they want.
My teaser of the week:
I felt a rush of relief as I read it, for she was alive! But it was mingled with anger at her seducer -- for I could no longer doubt what had happened -- and sorrow that she had been used so ill, and compassion for her distress.
This week's teaser can be found on page 96 of the NOOK edition of Colonel Brandon's Diary by Amanda Grange. I am pretty happy with this book so far. It is turning out so much better than Eliza's Daughter as a Sense and Sensibility variation/sequel.

7 comments:

  1. Great teaser! Love that old English use of language - very proper... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! My teaser is from the latest in the Lumby Series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are already counting down to Clockwork Prince!


    Here's my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I want to read this now :)

    Jules

    Mine is from The making of us by Lisa Jewell

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful teaser. This makes me want to check it out!! Girl, no more book buying!

    :D

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday: THe Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser, I'll definitely be adding this to my PTR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser. That sounds like a book I would be interested in. Thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva