Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: July 6, 2011


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To participate, simply share that book(s) you are eagerly awaiting the release of and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. Clicking the image above will take you straight to her post and widget. (Special note: The nifty button above comes from Lindsay at The Violet Hour. Isn't it pretty?)

This week, I am waiting on Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. This one will be out on September 27, so keep a look out for it! I was very intrigued when I first read the synopsis for this one. It sounds like it's going to be a great paranormal fiction and I can't wait to read it.

From Goodreads:
Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherworldly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages—not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.

When one of the strangers—beautiful, haunted Akiva—fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?

12 comments:

  1. Great pick! I'm really excited for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about Laini's writing and work. I'm looking forward to this title =)
    Here's my W.O.W : http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday13.html

    -Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! I can't wait to read this one.

    My WoW: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick! I'm so jealous for those who've gotten copies of this book and got to read it early. I love the plot! So intriguing :)

    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks so, so awesome, and I can't wait for it either! I love the cover. Awesome choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was my last WoW! I love the cover and it sounds amazing. Can it be September yet anyone?! ;D

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mysterious premise of this one sounds like it will be very exciting. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really good, and has an amazing cover. I love how mysterious it sounds. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard of this one! Hope you love it when you get it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really looking forward to reading this one as well! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got a copy of this one at ALA! I'm looking forward to reading it.

    Please check out my post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick. I can't wait to read this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva