Saturday, July 2, 2011

What's Your Status? July 2, 2011


This meme comes from Zakiya at Butterfly Feet Walking On Life. The object is to post what you have finished in the last week, what you are currently reading, what you plan to read in the coming week, and what you want to buy next. You can also post about reviews you've written and memes you have done, though these aren't mandatory. I'm also going to include the status of my reading challenges.

I definitely put the lead out this week. I read a whopping 5 books between Sunday and Wednesday! I'm working on my sixth, and will probably finish it, as well. In other news, I had to throw in the towel and order a new laptop. This one can't manage to run an OS well (I think the processor is just about shot) and I'm having to turn it on with a safety pin. That is just no fun whatsoever. So, I will be the proud owner of this little beauty come Tuesday:
Books Finished: Week of June 26 - July 2














Shadow Fall by Erin Kellison
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Want to Go Private? by Sarah Darer Littman














The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Currently Reading














The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird

Next on My To-Read List














Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Tithe by Holly Black

Reviews

Hereafter
Unearthly
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Body Finder - coming soon

Posts of Note

Author Interview: Cara Lynn Shultz - in which I interview Cara Lynn Shultz, author of Spellbound; check it out if you haven't already!

I'm Still Here! - in which I talk about my absence during the first half of the week

June Wrap-Up - a recap for the month of June

Challenges

Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge (67/100, 67% finished) - Finished 5 books, 23 books ahead of schedule.

2011 E-Book Reading Challenge (20/20, 100% complete!) - I finished my first challenge of the year! It feels pretty good. I added a 21st book to the tally this week.

2011 YA Reading Challenge (50/50, 100% complete!) - My second largest challenge of the year is now done. I finished at the highest offered level. I'm still going to count, though, so I can see just how many I can read this year.

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome meme! I might start this up tomorrow (Sunday) and do it on Sundays after my "Sample Sunday" posts. :)
    I really enjoyed A Great and Terrible Beauty after reading it last year, although I haven't picked up the rest of the series yet. Time has got a bit away from me and I just keep getting more and more books. :P But I definitely plan to get it, and soon. I want to continue it. :) And I've been wanting to read Unearthly, The Betrayal of Maggie Blair, and Between Shades of Gray! They're all on my to-read list. :D

    Ohh.. Tithe is one of my favorites. I love it! I hope you enjoy it. :)

    I completed my yearly reading challenge last week (50 books for the year) so I went ahead and extended it up to 70 books. Although, I'm pretty sure that I'm likely to even read more than that still by the time the end of the year rolls around. Haha.

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend. :)

    <3
    Pixie

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva