Monday, June 23, 2014

This Is Goodbye

Well, here we are.  I had every intention of coming back to blogging during my recovery.  Little did I know.  I didn't count on how exhausting healing would be.  I didn't count on the changes that would occur over that time.  I also didn't realize just how much more of me my family needed.  Spending my time recovering really opened my eyes to just how much of my time was dedicated to blogging.  I have a 5 year old who really needs her mother right now.  How can I deny her that?

As sad as I am to go, I won't deny that there's also a sense of relief.  You see, I'm guilty of putting way too much pressure on myself, no matter what I resolve to do.  For me, pressure = stress, which makes for a not-very-fun mama.  That has to stop, for my sake, for my daughter's sake, and for my husband's sake.

You will still be able to find me on Goodreads.  Any remaining review books I have will be read and reviewed, make no mistake about it.  It will just be there, instead.  Feel free to say hello over there.  I certainly won't be quitting reading any time soon, so you'll always find me there.

This blog will remain live for a few months, then it will be closed.  I'm sorry to see StNC go.  It has been mine for 4 years now, but the time has come.  You have all been the best group of readers I could ask for.  Thank you so much for sticking with me all this time.  It's been real.

 


 

5 comments:

  1. Aww. Sorry to hear you go, but I can totally understand why you must! I hope you will continue to be well and read happily along the days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica. Best of luck with your own blogging endeavors.

      Delete
  2. aaaw! <3 I am so sorry to see you go. However, I understand. I hope you are okay and get better! <3 xxx

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the mend, which is what counts. Two infections post-op was not what I had in mind, though.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to see you go! I hope you heal well and good luck in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva