Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Time Has Come

When I began Starting the Next Chapter a little more than 2 years ago, it was with little idea of just how much time would go into it, how many friends I would make, and how attached I would become.  It's been a wonderful 2 years and I'm grateful for all of you readers out there.  You may have noticed a decrease in the number of reviews I have been posting over the past 5 months.  Perhaps you've noticed that I haven't participated in memes in quite some time.  Maybe you've even noticed my limited appearances on Twitter.  What it all comes down to is life.  I have much more on my plate now than I did when I first started out.  There are medical issues to deal with, a growing daughter in need of more and more education, and only a short span of time to accomplish it all in.

This isn't a complete goodbye, however.  While StNC will no longer be up and running, I will be finding a new home to review at on a part-time basis.  The awesome Megan at Book Brats has invited me to share my bookish opinions there.  If you enjoy my reviews, you will be able to find me there.  I want to thank you all for sticking with me over the months and years.  It's be so much fun getting to know my readers, fellow bloggers, and some truly wonderful authors.  Thanks go out to: Amy at Denim-Jacket Librarian Dishes, a wonderful friend and librarian extraordinaire, without whom I would have thrown in the towel a year ago; Hannah at The Book Vortex, a great friend and a great critique partner who I share so much in common with; and Ruta Sepetys, a top-notch author and wonderful friend who has inspired me to write in earnest once more and who gives the best writing advice.  Special thanks go to my co-bloggers who stepped in to help when I needed it: GiGi, my crafty fairy godmother and partner in crochet crime; Shalena, teller of hilarious stories and a truly awesome author event travel buddy; and Nikki, long, long-time friend, book pal, coffee buddy, and kick-ass future librarian; and, of course, Megan, for copious gchats, reminding me I don't have to feel guilty for wanting to go part-time, and for offering me a place to do so.



6 comments:

  1. Sad to see you go as well! Hope things turn out better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to see you go, but completely understand - life takes up a lot of time ;). Look forward to seeing your reviews on Book Brats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marla, you will be missed so much. I know life needs a lot of time but I wish you would keep this site open and just drop in once a while. Anyway, I will look out for your reviews on Book Brats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss visiting your blog, dearheart, but I'm glad to see that you'll be welcomed at a new blog home at Book Brats. :) I look forward to reading your reviews there and still pestering (I mean chatting with) you on Twitter and G-Talk. Take care, hun, and you'll always have your librarian on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sad you are leaving, but you're not leaving for good! You just have a new home. Good luck in the future! (This sounds like I will never talk to you again lol, but we talk every day)

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva