Thursday, August 9, 2012

Where I've Been & What's Going On

So, you may or may not have noticed that my presence around here hasn't been as frequent as usual.  Life has been a little more difficult as of late, so I have had to let some things slide for a little while.  Unfortunately, those things were blogging and marathon reading sessions.  If you are wondering what is going on, I'll sum it up:
  • School - I had 2 exams within 7 days that required studying, studying, and MORE studying.  It was worth it, though.  I pass with an A+.
  • Health - I have a couple of recurring health issues that like to rear their ugly heads just to make my life difficult.  It certainly hasn't made school any easier and is what I have to thank for the drop-off in blogging.
  • Overall Exhaustion - Between keeping up with classes and a 3 year old, I'm bushed!  I've spent the past week taking lots of naps just because I can.
  • A Death in the Family - This is the most recent event that left me absolutely reeling.  My uncle, who played a huge role in my early childhood, lost his fight with cancer on Tuesday.  He was a sweet man and had a quirky sense of humor.  He and my aunt babysat me while my parents were at work, so I can't remember a time that they weren't around.  The diagnosis was very recent, so I wasn't expecting that we would lose him a month afterward.  Tomorrow, I will be back in my hometown to go to his funeral. 
Needless to say, I will be absent for a little while longer.  I'm not going to be closing the blog or anything like that.  Just consider this a mini hiatus while I attend to important life matters.  I'm looking forward to returning to my usual routine.  I hope you all will still be here to read and comment.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your uncle, Marla. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to when you can rejoin us here in cyberspace :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with you and your family. Don't worry about us, we will all still be here when you return! Congrats on the A+!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* Hope everything improves soon, Marla! Take all the time you need, especially with your health concerns, and losing your uncle. My grandma's battle with cancer was very much the same way - she was diagnosed, then passed away within weeks. I hope you're able to spend time with your family and remember your uncle together!

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva