Monday, September 12, 2011

BBAW Day 1: Community



It's Book Blogger Appreciation Week! All this week all of the various blogs and books out there that make this community so great will be recognized and celebrated. As part of the festivities, there are blogging topics for each day that focus on various important ideas that make the book blogging community go round. Today's topic is: community!

While the awards are a fun part of BBAW, they can never accurately represent the depth and breadth of diversity in the book blogging community. Today you are encouraged to highlight a couple of bloggers that have made book blogging a unique experience for you. They can be your mentors, a blogger that encouraged you to try a different kind of book, opened your eyes to a new issue, made you laugh when you needed it, or left the first comment you ever got on your blog. Stay positive and give back to the people who make the community work for you!

Ever since I launched my blog in February 2011, I have met several awesome people that make up the book blogging community. One of the first to extend a warm welcome was DJL at Denim-Jacket Librarian Dishes, a truly lovely person. She still takes the time out to stop by my blog and read whatever I have to say about the latest books that I've read, along with some of her own thoughts, which I find to be truly fantastic. I can't thank her enough for her continued presence within my overall blogging experience, as well as her valuable career advice. Thanks, DJL!

Another fantastic lady that makes my blogging experience so much fun is Lindsay at The Violet Hour. She is another blogger who has been a presence since the early months. She is one of my go-to girls on Twitter when I need to bounce an idea off someone, as well as a sympathizing ear and someone to joke with. As if that wasn't enough, the girl has a fantastic blog. If you don't already follow her, you definitely should! She writes some great reviews that you shouldn't miss out on.

Though three is more than a couple, I can't possibly leave out Christy from The Reader Bee, my fellow Tennesseean and the one I talk to on Twitter all of the time about everything from home libraries to the trials of raising little ones. She's up for the Best New Blog award this year, so I hope you all will wish her luck. I'm rooting for you, Christy!

Last, but definitely NOT least, is Nikki over at Books Most Wanted, my best friend, partner in crime, and recipient of many "You have got to check this out!" tweets. She didn't look at me like I was crazy when I started all of this and even hopped on board the blogger train with me. You rock, sis, and are my favorite person to turn to with my zany ideas and random thoughts. You're going to kick the information science program's butt!

Without these four ladies, book blogging would probably still be fun, but not quite the same. Cheers, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva