Sunday, October 14, 2012

New to the Nest - October 14, 2012 (The I-Rolled-Out-Of-Bed-Just-for-This Edition)



Hello hello, peeps!  It's time for yet another edition of New to the Nest.  It has taken me a while to convince myself to get out of bed and to my computer.  I got hurt on Friday (in the most oddball way possible; thanks, kiddo), so I've been taking it easy aside from going to an author/blogger dinner in Nashville Friday night.  As it turns out, driving isn't so great when you have a bruise and scrape the size of your hand on your hip.  You live and learn.  Anyway, I got some very exciting books this week, the first of which I embarrassed myself over in front of my husband.  Not a pretty picture.  Just trust me on that one.  Anyway, as usual, be sure to let me know if you have read any of these and, if so, what you thought.


Physical Books

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
(February 5, 2013 from Feiwel & Friends; for review from Macmillan)
Winter White by Jen Calonita
(October 9, 2012 from Poppy; for review from Little, Brown)
Poison Princess by Kresley Cole
(October 2, 2012 from Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers)
Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter
(October 2, 2012 from St. Martin's Griffin)
The Unfailing Light by Robin Bridges
(October 9, 2012 from Delacorte Books for Young Readers)


Digital Books


Velvet by Mary Hooper
(November 13, 2012 from Bloomsbury USA Children's)
Sacrifice by Cayla Kluver
(October 23, 2012 from Harlequin Teen)
Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder
(December 18, 2012 from Harlequin MIRA)
Blud and Magick by Preston Norton
(January 8, 2013 from Cedar Fort)



6 comments:

  1. Scarlet! Yes. I want that one. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week!


    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone's been getting Scarlet! D; I'll be looking forward to your review!
    And I've heard amazing things about Poison Princess.
    Great haul & I hope you feel better! x]


    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica@a GREAT readOctober 14, 2012 at 1:20 PM

    Oooh nice! Seeing lots of Scarlet today! I still need to read Cinder so my envy is not as strong as it would be! Also got Scent of Magic and I so can't wait to start it! Love Maria's books!




    Here's
    my STS






    Have a GREAT day!





    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul, Marla. I got Scarlet too and I can't wait to devour it. I wish I could read it sooner and not have to wait. GRRRR. But then I wil fal behind on my blog and that cannot happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's too late for me. I'm way behind and have come to the conclusion that I need one more co-blogger. I'm freaking out over here! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva