Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Owl Tell You All About It - October 31, 2012


Welcome to the October edition of Owl Tell You All About It!  October has been a month of changes here at Starting the Next Chapter.  I am gearing up to take up writing on a full-time basis and our dear Nikki is hard at work finishing up her next-to-last semester of grad school.  What does this mean?  What else?  We needed more help!  Enter GiGi and Shalena, two very awesome ladies who have both saved my butt and rocked my world.  Thanks to these two, Starting the Next Chapter isn't going anywhere.

You met Nikki last month and GiGi just yesterday.  Soon you will meet Shalena, though if you want a sneak peak, you can head over to her home blog, Writer Quirk, to learn more about her.  Both of these gals are awesome and I think you will like them as much as I do. 

In addition to new bloggers, there is also a new addition in the form of the Goodreads group that the lovely GiGi has put together.  There, you will be able to take part in our monthly reading challenges and watch as GiGi and I challenge each other to read books we would never have considered otherwise.  It should be lots of fun, so we hope you will check it out!

One last bit of news for you.  I will be taking part in NaNoWriMo this year, so the month of November may see me extremely busy as I work to write more than 1660 words per day.  What do I hope to accomplish?  It is my plan to complete the first draft of my work-in-progress so that I may finally get all of these thoughts and ideas in my head to make room for more.  I hope to make it a birthday present to myself since it does so happen to fall on the day after NaNo ends.  Mighty convenient!

Marla's Books Read in October





Marla's Books To Read in November







Reviews Posted



Other Posts






Physical Books


The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
(purchased)
The Archived by Victoria Schwab
(borrowed from Megan at Myth-illogical)
(used book store find)
The Great Encyclopedia of Faeries by Pierre Dubois
(used book store find; writing research/inspiration, baby!)
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
(used book store find)
The Goblin Companion: A Field Guide to Goblins by Terry Jones
(used book store find; writing inspiration)
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
(used book store find; $1!)
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
(used book store find; also $1)

Digital Books


(November 6, 2012 from Little, Brown BFYR; for review via Netgalley)
Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore
(July 12, 2011 from Delacorte BFYR; digital library book)
After Obsession by Carrie Jones & Steven E. Wedel
(September 13, 2011 from Bloomsbury USA Children's; digital library book)
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
(September 4, 2012 from HarperCollins; digital library book)
(purchased)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like it's been a really busy time at Starting the Next Chapter, Marla, but I'm very happy to see that you've been able to find some awesome people to help you. :) I wish you lots and lots of luck as you traverse the Writer's Road and hope that by the end of NaNoWriMo you will have achieved what you set out to accomplish. *Good Luck Werewolf Hugs!*

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva