Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #46


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To participate, simply share that book(s) you are eagerly awaiting the release of and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. Clicking the link above will take you straight to her post and widget.

My WoW pick for this week is Dance of the Red Death, the follow-up to Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin, coming April 23, 2013 from Greenwillow Books.  I adored Masque, so I am very eager to get my hands on Dance.



The sequel to Masque of the Red Death, which Melissa Marr called, “Haunting and beautiful.” Araby Worth is poised either to save her city, or to abandon it. In a novel that embodies dark, sexy, tragic, and fearless, Bethany Griffin concludes her incredible, atmospheric reimagining of Edgar Allan Poe’s classic short story.

Araby Worth’s city is on fire. Her brother is dead. Her best friend could be soon. Her mother is a prisoner, her father is in hiding. And the two boys who stole her heart have both betrayed her. But Araby has found herself, and she is going to fight back. Inspired by one of Edgar Allan Poe’s most compelling stories, “The Masque of the Red Death,” Bethany Griffin has spun two sultry and intricate novels about a young woman who finds herself on the brink of despair but refuses to give in. Decadent masquerades, steamy stolen moments, and sweeping action are set in a city crumbling from neglect and tragedy. A city that seeps into your skin. Dance of the Red Death is the riveting conclusion to the dark and fascinating saga of an unforgettable heroine.

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic pick! I still need to read MotRD but DotRD sounds excellent as well! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica@a GREAT readOctober 31, 2012 at 1:55 AM

    Ooh nice! Love this cover too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to this as well. Loved Masque of the Red Death :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat

    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read the first book. I hope you enjoy the finale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still did not read Masque of the red death, but I hope to get my hands on it soon. Maybe sneak another book to my husbands Christmas gifts shopping list? :D Great pick!

    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read The Masque of the Read Death yet and I didn't even know there was a second book! I definitely have to get on that! Great pick and Happy Halloween :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to read Masque of Red Death soon. Nice pick...

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first visit. Love your blog. New follower!

    Here is my WOW:





    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of the book but I never got the chance to read book one. I will though so when I do, I hope I love it. And I hope you like this one when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I get my hands on this the world will hear me squee lol! Great pick!

    Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this cover. I still need to read the first book which I hope to this winter. my wow http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-36-and-www-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still haven't read Masque of the Red Death, but I need to read it soon. This series sounds amazing!

    Em @ A Beautiful Madness

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hollie @ Music Books and TeaOctober 31, 2012 at 1:20 PM

    I still need to read the first book in this series. The covers are amazing though, they're so pretty!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hadn't heard of these books. I'll have to add them to my list. Thanks for sharing.

    If you get a chance, visit my WoW.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva