Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #44



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To participate, simply share that book(s) you are eagerly awaiting the release of and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. Clicking the link above will take you straight to her post and widget.

I'm back!  It's been 4 months since my last WoW post.  Four months!  I'm not entirely sure how regularly I will be able to do these, but for now I hope to participate often again.  I'm still trying to get back into my personal blogging rhythm, so to speak, so things are still fairly sporadic around here.  Hopefully that will change soon.

This week, the book I am most desperately waiting on is Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers, coming April 2, 2013 from Houghton Mifflin.  I absolutely LOVED Grave Mercy, so I am positively drooling now that I've seen the cover for the next.  Must. have. it!




Sybella arrives at the convent’s doorstep half mad with grief and despair. Those that serve Death are only too happy to offer her refuge—but at a price. Naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, the convent views Sybella as one of their most dangerous weapons.

But those assassin’s skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to a life that nearly drove her mad. Her father’s rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother’s love is equally monstrous. And while Sybella is a weapon of justice wrought by the god of Death himself, He must give her a reason to live. When she discovers an unexpected ally imprisoned in the dungeons, will a daughter of Death find something other than vengeance to live for?

This heart-pounding sequel to Grave Mercy serves betrayal, treachery, and danger in equal measure, bringing readers back to fifteenth century Brittany and will keep them on the edge of their seats.

12 comments:

  1. I already saw this one earlier today but I haven't read book one so I'm not waiting for it. I'll have to check it out. I hope you enjoy this one when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica@a GREAT readOctober 17, 2012 at 1:46 AM

    Oooh nice! Heard a lot about this first book, but never did get around to reading it! Like the cover too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never actually finished Grave Mercy. I should really pick it up again! I hear such great things.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. michelle A novelsontherunOctober 17, 2012 at 4:27 AM

    Nice WOW!! I shall have to start this series. First book looked thick!


    Michelle:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon - Obsession with BooksOctober 17, 2012 at 4:45 AM

    I loved Grave Mercy so I'm definitely eager to read this.

    My WoW - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-17th-october.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grave Mercy was awesome. This is definitely on my wish list. Nice pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dark Triumph sure has been popular lately! I haven't read Grave Mercy but both sound interesting even though I am not a fan of Dark Triumph's cover at all. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hollie @ Music Books and TeaOctober 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM

    I really want to read Grave Mercy, and the more I see Dark Triumph the more I want to get into this series! Awesome pick.


    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed Grave Mercy and I can't wait to read to Syb's story. Nice pick!
    This is my WoW at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds very interesting!
    heres my WoW if you wanna check it out...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wow-pick-of-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen this around a lot. It looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still haven't read Grave Mercy. I really need to read it soon. It sounds so go.d Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful MadnessMy WOW

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva