Thursday, February 2, 2012

Further Explanation of My Indefinite Hiatus

I should be in east TN visiting with my grandmother right now.  Instead, I am stuck at home in bed with a sore throat, runny nose, and burgeoning fever.  My grandmother has pneumonia, so it has been suggested that I stay away for now, since we don't know the nature of my symptoms (it could be sinusitis, which I get a lot, but we just don't know).  This is a difficult time for my family, as she has been moved to the cancer floor of the hospital with the understanding that the doctors have run out of options.  She is currently surrounded 24/7 by my mother, aunts, uncles, and cousins and I desperately want to be there, too, but I don't want to worsen her condition in any way.  I'm not in a good mindset for blogging & social media, so I will be taking a step back for now.  Please keep my grandmother in your thoughts and prayers. 


Update: My grandmother, Martha Carroll, passed away this morning (February 3, 2012) at 2:20 AM.  I love you, Mamaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva