Friday, December 9, 2011

TGIF - December 9, 2011

TGIF is a created by the awesome Ginger at GReads! Every Friday there is a new question to answer and new bloggers to meet.  You can also summarize the past week on your blog.  Ginger poses some really good questions, so hop aboard!

This week's question:
Book to Movie: Which book turn movie do you feel did the best adaptation? What about the worst?
This one didn't take very long for me to answer.  My absolute favorite movie inspired by a book is the 1995 BBC production of Pride & Prejudice, based on Jane Austen's work of the same title.


This is, by far, my favorite film adaptation ever.  Don't get me wrong.  There are others that I like, but this one is simply perfect.  Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle made for the perfect Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth.

As for my least favorite film adaptation, I would definitely have to say that the adaptation of Anne Rice's Interview With the Vampire was the worst.

I

I read almost every single installment of The Vampire Chronicles as a teen, right up until the series petered out with Anne's departure from writing vampire novels.  I had ideas of how Louis and Lestat should look and act.  Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise did NOT meet my expectations.  I was especially disappointed with how they portrayed Armand (Anonio Banderes, while a fine-looking specimen, does not best represent a reddish-blond haired seventeen year old Russian boy).  The whole thing just came off as hokey, which definitely made me unhappy.

How about you?  What are the best and worst book to film adaptations in your opinion?



This Week at Starting the Next Chapter




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva