Saturday, August 6, 2011

What's Your Status? August 6, 2011



This meme comes from Zakiya at Butterfly Feet Walking On Life. The object is to post what you have finished in the last week, what you are currently reading, what you plan to read in the coming week, and what you want to buy next. You can also post about reviews you've written and memes you have done, though these aren't mandatory. I'm also going to include the status of my reading challenges.

I have news! For the entire month of August, I will be hosting What's Your Status in Zakiya's stead. So, you may post your WYS? links in the link widget below. For today, I will be helping Nikki from Books Most Wanted move into her new house, but I will be sure to stop by your blogs when I get home this evening. Thanks, Zakiya, for the opportunity to take on this meme for a little while.

I've had a hectic week with my toddler this week, so my reading didn't progress as I had hoped it would. I did get to have some fun, however. I went to the Maggie Stiefvater signing in Nashville on Sunday, which was a huge highlight of my week. That's not all, though. Nikki and I are headed back to Nashville on Monday to attend the final stop on the Ash2Nash book tour, where we will meet Victoria Schwab, Myra McEntire, and Beth Revis, in addition to special guests Julie Kagawa (insert squeal here!), Rachel Hawkins, and and Ruta Sepetys. Sadly, I won't have all of the books for the signing, as I am pretty well broke at the moment. However, it will still be awesome to meet all of these ladies.

Now, on to my status!

Book Finished: Week of July 31 - August 6














Dark Parties by Sara Grant

Currently Reading














Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto

Next on My To-Read List














Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey
The Lantern by Deborah Lawrenson

Posts of Note

Maggie Stiefvater in Nashville & a Giveaway! - My post detailing the Maggie Stiefvater signing. It includes pictures, a video, and a giveaway.

Challenges

Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge (81/100, 81% finished) - Back to just one book finished this week. Maybe next week will be better.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva