Saturday, August 27, 2011

What's Your Status? August 27, 2011


This meme comes from Zakiya at Butterfly Feet Walking On Life. I will be hosting for the entire month of August, so feel free to post your links in the widget at the end of this post. The object is to post what you have finished in the last week, what you are currently reading, what you plan to read in the coming week, and what you want to buy next. You can also post about reviews you've written and memes you have done, though these aren't mandatory. I'm also going to include the status of my reading challenges.

I had an eventful weekend. After I prepared last week's post on Friday, my 2 year old daughter decided it would be fun to run away from us. I wiped out on a concrete walkway in front of one of the apartment buildings and hit my head on a concrete stoop, resulting in a trip to the ER. I was diagnosed as having a minor concussion and didn't finish one of the books as I had planned. Thus, you will be seeing a repeat in this week's books finished section. I've also been participating in a read-a-thon all this week, so I have a high amount of books that I've finished for the week overall.

Books Finished: Week of August 21 - August 27














This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel
Fury by Elizabeth Miles
Hourglass by Myra McEntire














Envy by Gregg Olsen
Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater

Currently Reading














The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kitteredge
Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton

Next on My To-Read List














Return to Exile by E.J. Patten
Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Reviews

This Dark Endeavor
Anna and the French Kiss

Posts of Note

Bout of Books Read-a-thon - my starting line post for the Bout of Books Read-a-thon

Challenges

Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge (91/100, 91% finished) - Hello, progress! I've managed to finish 5 books this week. I am very surprised by myself.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva