Monday, March 5, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Favorite Covers

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme from The Broke and the Bookish.  The purpose of this meme is to create a list based on weekly prompts.  Just link back to The Broke and the Bookish, then add your name and blog post to their link widget.  That's it!

Well, I may not be able to participate in this meme every week, but I just had to write up a post for this week's topic.  I love book covers, so this is an awesome one to participate in.


Top Ten Favorite Covers (In no particular order...)

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
August 30, 2011, Tor Teen

This cover caught my interest before I even read the plot description.  It was definitely a good incentive to give the description a look.  Once I did, I knew that I absolutely HAD to read this book.  It's a good thing I did, too.  It wound up being one of my favorite books of 2011!
Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London
May 29, 2012, HarperTeen

I love the monochromatic color scheme with this cover.  It looks gloomy and mysterious and the stormy atmosphere reminds me of all my best reading sessions.
Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
October 18, 2011, Del Rey

I usually don't go for pinks, but something about this cover makes the color scheme so appealing.  I think it's the pink combined with the satin black that really works for me.  I also love the dusk or dawn-like colors against the cemetery in the background.  
Die for Me by Amy Plum
May 10, 2011, HarperTeen

This one hits so many likes for me that I immediately became enamored of it.  First, black and red is one of my favorite color schemes.  Second, the scroll work is simply beautiful.  Third, I love the view of Paris shown on this cover.  Finally, it belongs to another of my favorite books of 2011.
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
April 24, 2012, Harper Collins

Here's where you'll start seeing a theme.  Yup, black and red AGAIN!  This one screams modernized Poe to me.  The black and red against the dried grasses and branches make this such a great-looking cover.  
Possess by Gretchen McNeil
August 23, 2011, Balzer+Bray

How about that!?  It's BLUE and black, for once!  I just adore this cover.  I love the tree branch overlay on the girl's face, as well as the shade of blue that was used.  
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
June 7, 2010, Little, Brown BFYR

Shocker.  Black & red!  This one, however, has an optical illusion-like quality that I love.  I also love the contrast between the two girls' faces.  It's just a great cover over all.
The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
May 24, 2011, Harlequin Teen

This cover is just too interesting for words.  I love that the model is actually wearing a corset that looks like it has steel boning.  Add the gears seen in the corners and you have a really awesome cover.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
September 13, 2012, Doubleday

This has to be the ultimate black, white, and red cover.  The design suits the story beautifully and I love that the circus tent was actually a paper model before it wound up on the cover!
The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff
November 14, 2011, Razorbill

This is an instance of liking the cover more than the actual book.  I must say, though, that the depiction on this cover portrays the main character and setting perfectly.  The grey you see is actually metallic, which really does make it look like a steel garden.  Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. The Night Circus made my list too. I love the filigree of The Space Between cover.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva