Friday, March 30, 2012

Author Event Recap - Rachel Hawkins at Parnassus Books

View of Parnassus from the storefront
March has been a fantastic month for author events!  I attended my second one on Wednesday, March 28.  This time, I got to meet Rachel Hawkins for the second time.  The signing took place at the lovely Parnassus Books in Nashville, TN.  It was my first time visiting Parnassus and, I must say, I was very impressed!  It had the feel of an old-fashioned library (including rolling ladders), yet with a whimsical feel thanks to the star light fixtures and the truly adorable children's section.  They had an awesome variety of YA titles.  I'm definitely going to go back for some retail therapy in the near future.

The table full o' Hex Hall glory!
I made the trek to Nashville with the awesome Heather of SupaGurl Books, who was a total blast to travel with.  After I introduced her to the wonder that is Sweet Sallie's (you're welcome, Heather), we stopped by Nikki's house to pick up her book for the signing, then hit the interstate.  We reached Parnassus with plenty of time to browse around and snag prime seats at the very front.  While we waited, we got to know the also awesome Shalena from Writer Quirk, as well as her friend, Megan (hey, girls!).  We didn't have to wait long until Rachel's arrival and, shortly thereafter, the start of the event.

Rachel sharing her stories from the road
Rachel was an absolute riot.  She regaled us with stories of her tour shenanigans with Ally Carter, including the infamous Philadelphia train incident.  We all had a great time listening to her stories and laughing ourselves silly.  There were no frowns at Parnassus, that's for sure!

The book signing portion was a lot of fun.  We got to chat with Rachel a little, get our books signed (with a grape-scented marker, nonetheless), as well as chat with Myra McEntire, who also attended the event.  I think it's safe to say that all of us bloggers enjoyed ourselves immensely judging by the chatter and laughter coming from our group.  We rounded out the event by standing around talking shop for at least an hour after Rachel and Myra left.  I'm definitely looking forward to May when we might all get to hang out at Parnassus again!

Heather, Rachel, & myself

Heather, myself, Rachel, Shalena, & Megan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva