Sunday, July 1, 2012

New to the Nest - July 1, 2012


Welcome to New to the Nest, now appearing on a new day.  I decided to separate it from Owl Tell You All About It simply because it is easier for me to get all of my books into the post, including Saturday late-comers (our mail runs fairly late in the afternoon).  Feel free to comment and leave a link to your own book haul posts.  I'll do my best to return all visits (I promise, I'm trying to get better at it).

This week was a week of win... literally!  Almost all of the books I received this week are books that I won.  I won 3 giveaways this week, 1 of which has already arrived (thanks, HarperTeen!).  I also got my prize pack that I won from Bewitched Bookworms courtesy of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (huge thanks to both!).  I have refrained from buying any new books, but my Netgalley addiction knows no bounds.  I did manage to keep it reigned in to 2, though.


Physical Books

Illuminate by Aimee Agresti

(many thanks to Bewitched Bookworms & Harcourt!)

Team Human by Justine Larbalestier & Sarah Rees Brennan

(thanks to Pitch Dark/HarperTeen!)


Ebooks

Mystic City by Theo Lawrence
Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz

8 comments:

  1. Good haul. I have separated and post my weekly incoming without linking up to anyone else. Easier.
    http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/books-new-and-used.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica@a GREAT readJuly 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM

    Nice! Seeing lots of Team Human around. That one looked pretty good, but I passed on reviewing it. Hope you enjoy it along with the rest of your reads!




    Here's
    my STS






    Have a GREAT day!





    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I really liked Illuminate and I'm craving Mystic City! Happy readng!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Illuminate on my shelf and it looks so good I can't wait to read it! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! Here's my IMM =)


    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/06/in-my-mailbox-41-weekly-wrap-up.html



    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed Illuminate, as well. I'm thrilled to have a finished copy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was a giveaway for it and I think there were several copies. In any case, I've heard good things about it and can't wait to see what the hype is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here. It's easier for me to keep up with comments this way. I've got too much going on right now to keep up with everything, unfortunately. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Illuminate was really good. Definitely a good one to work into your reading queue.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva