Sunday, July 15, 2012

New to the Nest - July 15, 2012



Welcome to New to the Nest, now appearing on a new day.  I decided to separate it from Owl Tell You All About It simply because it is easier for me to get all of my books into the post, including Saturday late-comers (our mail runs fairly late in the afternoon).  Feel free to comment and leave a link to your own book haul posts.  I'll do my best to return all visits (I promise, I'm trying to get better at it).

This week was pretty low-key mail-wise.  I was thrilled to receive a finished copy of Monument 14, which I won from Book Brats.  Thanks, ladies!  I also received some seriously awesome Netgalley and Edelweiss approvals, though!  I also have some swag that I forgot to include last week.  Oops! 

Physical Books

Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne (won from Book Brats, courtesy Macmillan)


Ebooks

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (from Scholastic via Netgalley)
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff (from St. Martin's via Netgalley)
Betrayal by Gregg Olsen (from Splinter via Edelweiss)

 Midnight City by J. Barton Mitchell


Book Swag

 Signed bookmarks, The Torn Wing postcard, & personalized The Faerie Ring postcard from the author.  Thanks, Kiki!

7 comments:

  1. Jessica@a GREAT readJuly 15, 2012 at 7:33 AM

    Ooooh! Lots of nice goodies there! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of these are ones I haven't heard of - yay! I'm off to check out Midnight City. Monument 14 is one I've been hearing some great buzz about - happy reading, Marla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Raven Boys is on Netgalley!? I don't know how I missed that...
    Anyway, amazing haul! I hope you enjoy all of these!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I had to stumble across it by accident. I don't think it ever appeared on the main listing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monument 14 was awesome! I really enjoyed that one a lot. And yay for new discoveries! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betrayal looks so good I really enjoyed the first book. Here's my IMM!


    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-44-weekly-wrap-up.html



    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva