Thursday, November 10, 2011

TGIF: November 11, 2011

TGIF is a created by the awesome Ginger at GReads! Every Friday there is a new question to answer and new bloggers to meet.  You can also summarize the past week on your blog.  Ginger poses some really good questions, so hop aboard!

This week's question looks to be a lot of fun.  The question is:

Love-Hate Relationship: 
Which characters from a book do you love to hate?
 I have read a lot of books in my lifetime, but I'll take a crack at this question.  Most recently, I finished Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.  The villain, Warner, is absolutely despicable and a veritable sociopath.  He is written so well that it is impossible not to seethe when he does something horrible.  If we're talking classic literature, then I would definitely go with Mr. Brocklehurst from Jane Eyre.  That man is another example of an infuriating character.  I always get very happy when I read the following exchange between Jane and Mr. Brocklehurst:
“No sight so sad as that of a naughty child," he began, "especially a naughty little girl. Do you know where the wicked go after death?"

"They go to hell," was my ready and orthodox answer.


"And what is hell? Can you tell me that?"


"A pit full of fire."


"And should you like to fall into that pit, and to be burning there for ever?"


"No, sir."


"What must you do to avoid it?"


I deliberated a moment: my answer, when it did come was objectionable: "I must keep in good health and not die.”
Aside from those, there are way too many to mention here.  These are just the first two that came to mind.  What about you?  Who do you love to hate?

This Week at Starting the Next Chapter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva