Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (2): Authors I'd Love to Have at My Thanksgiving Feast



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme from The Broke and the Bookish.  The purpose of this meme is to create a list based on weekly prompts.  Just link back to The Broke and the Bookish, then add your name and blog post to their link widget.  That's it!

I think I'm hooked on this meme.  I had a lot of fun with it last week, so this could very well be a regular thing for me.  In any case, I looked ahead last week to see what this week's topic would be and knew I just had to participate this week, as well.

Top Ten Authors I'd Love to Have at My Thanksgiving Feast

Julie Kagawa, author of The Iron Fey series and the upcoming Blood of Eden series - From the writing, to the tweets, to the signing I attended where she was a participating author, I think Julie would be a blast to sit down for good food and conversation with.


Amy Plum, author of the Revenants series, including Die for Me and the upcoming Until I Die - After going completely bananas over Die for Me, I would love to have dinner with Amy Plum.  It would be a lot of fun to talk books, Paris, and Vincent, er, revenants.  Yeah, revenants... *blink blink*






Jackson Pearce, author of As You Wish and the Fairy Tale Re-Tellings series of books, including Sisters Red, Sweetly, and the upcoming Fathomless - Jackson was great at the Southern Festival of Books, so she would definitely be a nice addition to this ultimate Thanksgiving dinner of awesome.
Kersten Hamilton, author of the Goblin Wars series, including Tyger Tyger and the newly released In the Forests of the Night - How can I not invite an author who has been inspired so much by Irish mythology to the party?  It's a no-brainer for me, plus I have so much more gushing to do over In the Forests of the Night.







Maggie Stiefvater, author of The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy, the Books of Faerie series, and The Scorpio Races - I laughed so, so much at her signing in Nashville this past summer, plus I love her books.  I'd have to be insane not to invite her to the feast.








Ruta Sepetys, author of Between Shades of Gray - Simply put, Ruta is absolutely awesome.  I've met her twice now and she is simply a great person to talk to.  Not only that, but she lives not very far away from where I do!  With her knowledge and observations on history, she would be a great guest at Thanksgiving.







Victoria Schwab, author of The Near Witch and upcoming The Archived - Victoria is another author that I have had the pleasure of meeting twice.  She, too, is hilarious and would be another great addition to dinner, plus, have you read The Near Witch!?  Come on!  It's amazing!








Rachel Hawkins, author of the Hex Hall series - Ash2Nash was a blast and I really enjoyed meeting Rachel, who was also a very, very funny lady.  There's nothing more fun than good food and laughter, so she is the perfect author to round out the festivities.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva