Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Unread Books on My Shelf



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme from The Broke and the Bookish.  The purpose of this meme is to create a list based on weekly prompts.  Just link back to The Broke and the Bookish, then add your name and blog post to their link widget.  That's it!

This will be my first time participating in this meme.  I've thought about it for quite a while, but never got around to putting together a post.  I've been looking for something new to do, so why not now?  This week's list looks like fun, so it's as good a time as any to get started.  I don't know if I'll participate every week, but I may participate regularly.  We'll see how it goes!

Top Ten Unread Books on Marla's Shelf

Entwined by Heather Dixon - I have owned this book since just after I started my book blog.  For some reason, I have yet to read it, even though it was on my high priority buy list.  Fortunately, it hasn't gone completely unread, as I loaned to Nikki at Books Most Wanted.  She tells me that it is very good, so I know that I need to read this book very soon.  Hopefully I will be able to eke out the time to work in some of my too-long neglected books soon, as I only have 3 review books left for the year.





Firelight by Sophie Jordan - I feel like everyone in the world has read this book aside from me.  I found a copy at the huge used bookstore that I used to frequent all the time before I moved to my current city and have owned it since July or so.  This is another of those "why haven't I read this yet?" books that I really need to get to.  I've heard mixed reviews on it, but I owe it to myself to read it and form my own opinion.  Besides, the concept sounds very interesting and I can't resist trying something new.






Wondrous Strange & Darklight by Lesley Livingston - I found this book, along with the second book in the series, Darklight, on the famous (at least, on my blog) Books-A-Million clearance table.  I bought these books on the same day I bought Entwined, and yet they remain on my shelves, unread.  I have really, REALLY been wanting to read these books for a while.  For whatever reason, I have yet to do so.  Whatever has caused me to put them on the back burner really needs to step aside so I can get into some solid fairy reading! 





Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr - I'll admit it: I've left this one hanging on purpose.  After reading the first three books in the series with mixed feelings, I needed a break from the Wicked Lovely world.  I expect that I will finish up the series before long, but in the meantime, I've been concentrating on other books/series.  After all, I can't stay away from fairy novels for very long!







Specials & Extras by Scott Westerfeld - These books are both BAM clearance finds AND "it's not you, it's me" books.  I loved UgliesPretties was pretty good, though the slang began to grate on my nerve to the point that I wanted to scream.  For that reason, I'm taking a hiatus from the rest of the series.  I know I will eventually finish it, but I desperately needed a break so I will be more apt to enjoy them.






Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter - This is another "what the heck is wrong with you, Marla?" book.  I got this one for Mother's Day and still have not so much as open the cover.  I know I have one Hoot out there who is going to be urging me to read this book, and I definitely want to!  With all of these undeserving dust catcher books piling up, I may be adding an off the shelf challenge to my line-up for 2012.







The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff - I found this one on one of my used bookstore scavenger hunts.  Everything from the description to the cover intrigued me.  The price was right, so I snapped it up.  However, I have yet to read it.  This is one of the books on my non-YA bookshelf that I really need to get to sometime soon.  It has been glaring at me from that spot since February.  I think it's about time I obliged.






Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder - Here we have it: yet another everyone else but me has read it book.  This is the one book that has probably gone the longest on my shelves without being read.  I have no explanations other than I have way too many good books to choose from.  I'm going to make it a personal goal to read this one in December.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva