Friday, November 18, 2011

TGIF: November 18, 2011

TGIF is a created by the awesome Ginger at GReads! Every Friday there is a new question to answer and new bloggers to meet.  You can also summarize the past week on your blog.  Ginger poses some really good questions, so hop aboard!

This week's question is:

Giving Thanks: Which books are you most thankful for receiving from other bloggers, friends, family members, or publishers?
I have a solid handful of books that I am most thankful for.  For simplicity's sake, I'll highlight my favorites from each type of giver.

The book I am most thankful for receiving from another blogger was won in a giveaway held by Bewitched Bookworms.  That book is a signed copy of Amy Plum's Die for Me, definitely one of my favorite books of the year.  






The books I'm most thankful for receiving from a friend is Lament and Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater.  My dear friend since childhood and ultimate book buddy, Nikki from Books Most Wanted, and her hubs bought these books for me at the Maggie Stiefvater signing we attended in August.  I had read Lament and loved it, but had yet to read Ballad.  I was able to get them signed along with my copy of Forever, and now I will be able to treasure them for years to come.




The book I am most grateful for receiving from a family member comes from my own hubby, who bought a copy of Fateful by Claudia Gray for me.  He has bought other books for me, but this one is particularly fantastic, and I am so glad he was thoughtful enough to purchase it for me. 






Finally, the book I am most thankful for receiving from a publisher comes from the wonderful folks at Scholastic.  They sent me a much exclaimed over ARC of The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, which is now my favorite Stiefvater book to date.  I devoured this book and immediately wanted to read it over and over again.  I'll always be grateful that they gave me the opportunity to read and review this book.






This Week at Starting the Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva