Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #41


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To participate, simply share that book(s) you are eagerly awaiting the release of and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. Clicking the link above will take you straight to her post and widget.

I've got another 4 books I'm simply DYING to get my hands on this week.  Without further preamble, let's get to them!

Asunder by Jodi Meadows (coming 2013 from Katherine Tegen Books)
DARKSOULS
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place.

SHADOWS
Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

LOVE
Ana was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection.

In this second book in the Incarnate trilogy, Ana discovers the truth about reincarnation and will have to find a way to embrace love and make her young life meaningful. Once again, Jodi Meadows explores the extraordinary beauty and shadowed depths of the soul in a story equal parts epic romance and captivating fantasy.

Why I'm waiting: I loved loved LOVED Incarnate, so it goes without saying that I MUST read Asunder.  I have to know what Ana is up to next!




Fathomless by Jackson Pearce (coming September 4, 2012 from Little, Brown BFYR)
Celia Reynolds is the youngest in a set of triplets and the one with the least valuable power. Anne can see the future, and Jane can see the present, but all Celia can see is the past. And the past seems so insignificant -- until Celia meets Lo.

Lo doesn't know who she is. Or who she was. Once a human, she is now almost entirely a creature of the sea -- a nymph, an ocean girl, a mermaid -- all terms too pretty for the soulless monster she knows she's becoming. Lo clings to shreds of her former self, fighting to remember her past, even as she's tempted to embrace her dark immortality.

When a handsome boy named Jude falls off a pier and into the ocean, Celia and Lo work together to rescue him from the waves. The two form a friendship, but soon they find themselves competing for Jude's affection. Lo wants more than that, though. According to the ocean girls, there's only one way for Lo to earn back her humanity. She must persuade a mortal to love her . . . and steal his soul.

Why I'm waiting: I absolutely adore this series and have been waiting for what feels like an age to find out the title... and the description... and the cover.  Suffice it to say that I was beyond excited to finally find out all about the third book in the Fairytale Retellings series. 




Eve & Adam by Michael Grant & Katherine Applegate (coming October 2, 2012 from Feiwel & Friends)
Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, EmmaRose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick. That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible.

While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything... until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely.

Why I'm waiting: I am completely intrigued by the description for this book.  I want to find out more about what this EmmaRose has done! 




Timepiece by Myra McEntire (coming June 12, 2012 from EgmontUSA)
A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...

Kaleb Ballard's relentless flirting is interrupted when Jack Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, timeslips in and attacks before disappearing just as quickly. But Kaleb has never before been able to see time travelers, unlike many of his friends associated with the mysterious Hourglass organization. Are Kaleb's powers expanding, or is something very wrong?

Then the Hourglass is issued an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the time gene, or time will be altered with devastating results.

Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Jack. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...

The follow-up to Hourglass, Timepiece blends the paranormal, science fiction, mystery, and suspense genres into a nonstop thrill ride where every second counts.

Why I'm waiting: After hearing Myra read from Timepiece at last night's author event, I am doubly anxious to dive into Timepiece.  I have it from Netgalley, I just need to work it into my reading queue.
   

14 comments:

  1. I want Asunder so bad!!! I LOVED Incarnate. I can't wait to dive back into that world. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read incarnate but, the cover is so gorgeous! great pick!

    Kristin
    My WOW: youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd been looking at Asunder for a couple of weeks and thinking to add it to my TBR list, you've put me over the top – good pick!


     


    My WoW


     


    @TCAbn The
    Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have so many picks! All gorgeous, all worthy. I especially love the cover of Asunder.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eve and Adam sounds really good! I hadn't heard of it before! I haven't read Incarnate yet, but the cover for Asunder is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky @ Stories & SweetiesMay 16, 2012 at 3:03 AM

    Excited for all four of these, too! Loved Hourglass, Sister Red and Incarnate, so these next-in-the-series will be definite reads for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica@a GREAT readMay 16, 2012 at 6:59 AM

    OOoh wow! Those covers are all awesome!! And they sounds awesome too!

     Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks!  I'm excited about ALL of those, too!  :P  The cover for Asunder is just as beautiful as the one for Incarnate!  And Timepiece's cover isn't bad either. :)

    Here's my WoW post.  Happy Wednesday!  :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing how the NewSoul series always has such beautiful covers!! Even though I haven't read Incarnate, I'll be sure to add it to be TBR, feeling excited for you too! :)

    Have a great week ahead!

    Drop by for my WoW @ bookaworld.wordpress.com

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.BooksMay 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM

    Great picks this week!! Asunder I am definitely looking forward too, and I have Timepiece on my netgalley queue. But, Eve and Adam is new to me, and I think I am going to be adding that one to my TBR list! Thanks for the suggestion!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks! All 4 of these books are major Shelf-Candy material.

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! I still haven't read Incarnate yet, but Asunder sounds awesome (and the cover! eek!). The other books you shared sound good too - I'll have to check them out. Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. All good picks. I think I'm leaning toward "Eve & Adam" and "Timepiece." I guess I'm in a sci-fi kind of mood. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all great picks! I've never heard of Fathomless until now, but it looks great. And I still need to read Inscarnate and Hourglass!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva