Saturday, April 19, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #3 - April 19, 2014


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a meme dedicated to sharing your book hauls and swag.  Please visit this link to find out more.

This week, I'm going to add a week-in-review.  I forgot all about doing that the previous 2 weeks and it's such a good idea.  I'm bringing back my little graphic, as well.  As for the haul, it is once again small but very cool.  I'm really intrigued by what I got this week.


The Books


In the Shadows by Kiersten White and Jim Di Bartolo (finished copy; Thanks to Scholastic!)


Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon (eGalley from Netgalley)
Hauntings ed. by Ellen Datlow (eLibrary loan)



Half a King by Joe Abercrombie (eGalley from Netgalley)
A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn (eGalley from Netgalley)



What I Read

House of Ivy and Sorrow by Natalie Whipple


What I Reviewed



What I'm Reading

Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
Unwrapped Sky by Rjurik Davidson
Dance of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin


Other Posts


10 comments:

  1. New follower, hi! I'm curious to find out what you think of Love Letters To The Dead, I didn't enjoy it but I know a lot of people did. Creature of Moonlight has such a gorgeous cover, I kind of want to use that font for EVERYTHING. :D

    This week I visited UK's most beautiful library! Find me Under The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that the subject matter was necessarily enjoyable. That's a really tough topic that the author tackled, but I can say that I enjoyed her writing. I've long been a fan of the epistolary style and the concept of writing letters to the dead is an interesting one.

      Thanks for following! I'm headed off to visit your blog now. :-)

      Delete
  2. All these books are new to me, so I have a lot to explore. I love the cover for In the Shadows! Happy reading :)

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh Take Back The Skies! That one sounds awesome! Enjoy!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books! I've heard some good things about In the Shadows and I'm excited for Creatures of Moonlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked through In the Shadows and am really liking the illustrations. Now to see about the words. :-)

      Delete
  5. I really like Kiersten White's books! :) So I will have to check out her latest one! :) Especially with that cover! :)

    Thanks for sharing your haul and have a great week! :)

    Happy reading! xx

    My Shoecase Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't look now, but it has full-color illustrations! :-D

      Delete
  6. Enjoy In The Shadows!! :D Also, I love your blog design!

    -Jess

    Stacking the Shelves #35

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva