Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Armchair BEA Day 3 - Networking in Real Life!


Left to right: Heather from SupaGurl Books; me; Rachel Hawkins; Shalena from Writer Quirk; & Megan from Myth-Illogical

Not long after I began blogging, I started making meaningful connections with other bloggers like me in both my home state and other locations around the world.  It is my real life experiences, however, that stand out the most.  I am fortunate to live a little more than an hour from my state's capitol, which has an awesome public library, a wonderful indie bookstore called Parnassus Books, and a few chain book stores that all play host to some great author events.  It is through these that I have met several of my favorite blogging compatriots face-to-face.  I've been to 6 bookish events since last August, all of which gave me the chance to meet not only some truly wonderful authors, but some of the bloggers I regard as kindred spirits.  I wouldn't trade any of these experiences for anything.

Left to right: Hannah from The Book Vortex; Nikki from Books Most Wanted; me; Lauren from The Housework Can Wait; Shalena; & Megan

Me and Shannon from Stalking the Bookshelves

8 comments:

  1. How great to meet other like minded book bloggers - so far I haven't met any but I'm hopeful

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get down to Parnassus SO bad. The last time I was in Nashville it was a few days from the opening. 

    It's so great to meet other book bloggers! There are a few that live in my area, but I've only met one so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard Parnassus is a great bookstore.  Probably a good thing I don't live nearby or I'd spend more on books than I already do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so lucky to live near a hub of activity! Makes me super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've met Shannon's sister! ;) Her sister lives in Utah and we've seen each other at a few events. It's really fun to meet bloggers face-to-face, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been a busy book-signing-attending blogger! They look like so much fun. I'm glad you joined ABEA! Tattooed Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so awesome. I haven't been able to do many bookish events, but I'm getting so many ideas from these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parnassus Books!  Like that book by Christopher Morley.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva