Saturday, June 9, 2012

Owl Tell You All About It & New to the Nest - June 9, 2012


Welcome to my weekly recap of events here on Starting the Next Chapter.  Here, you can see what I read, what I'm reading, what I'm reading next, what I've written, where I may be going, and the books I received since last week.  Take a look around and feel free to comment.  I love comments and am always happy to return the visit!

Books Read This Week

None - I've been preoccupied with my surgery this week.


Currently Reading

Arise by Tara Hudson
Call of the Sea by Rebecca Hart


Up Next


Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown


Reviews Posted

None - Participated in Armchair BEA & took a break from reviewing this week.


Other Posts




I had a nice book week, which was a nice way to counteracting the surgery I had on Thursday.  I picked up copies of some books I've been meaning to get, as well as finished copies of books I reviewed and enjoyed recently.  I also got a new toy, which you will also see!



Physical Books


Trial by Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo


Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris (used)
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray (used)


Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 1 by Gail Carriger (from Amy at Denim-Jacket Librarian Dishes)
Underworld by Meg Cabot (ARC; from Amy at Denim-Jacket Librarian Dishes)
The Angel Experiment by James Patterson (from Little, Brown BFYR for review)

Ebooks


 Defiance by C.J. Redwine (from Balzer + Bray via Edelweiss)
Wish by Alexandra Bullen (for Kindle)
Hereafter (w/ Bonus Material) by Tara Hudson ($0.99 for Kindle!)


Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake ($2.99 for Kindle!)
The Witch of Duva by Leigh Bardugo
Hourglass by Myra McEntire ($1.99 for Kindle!)


 The Assassin and the Pirate Lord by Sarah J. Maas ($0.99 for Kindle!)
The Assassin and the Desert by Sarah J. Maas ($0.99 for Kindle!)
The Assassin and the Underworld by Sarah J. Maas ($0.99 for Kindle!)

 
The Taker by Alma Katsu (for Kindle)
The Survivors by Amanda Havard (for Kindle)
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen (for Kindle)


Firelight by Kristen Callihan (for Kindle)
Heart of Brass by Kate Cross (for Kindle)
Dark Angel by Eden Maguire (for Kindle)

The New Toy


Kindle Touch!

11 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy Maximum Ride! I absolutely love that series! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM!


    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/06/in-my-mailbox-38-weekly-wrap-up-and.html



    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Marla! Shadow and Bone and Anna Dressed in Blood were fabulous. You've also got a ton of books here that I own and haven't got to yet or I want to own! So...GREAT TASTE! Have a great reading week and I hope you feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That they were! I already have a physical copy of Anna, but I wanted an ebook copy, as well. Travel books! :-)

    Thanks a bunch. I'm feeling surprisingly okay. I guess the answers I got from my surgery went a long way toward lifting a weight off my shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dreamless cover is fabulous! And you got so many great books that I read and some that have been sitting on my TBR pile for a loooong time. Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a lot of these already, I just needed finished copies! I love the sheen they put on the covers for Starcrossed and Dreamless. They might be hard to photograph, but they're lovely.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm.. was that a rainbow cover of Dreamless? It looks beautiful!! You've got a ton of books I'm dying to read!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty colorful, huh? Apparently, that's what happens when you try to take a picture of that particular book cover. LOL It has a pink-tinged metallic sheen, kind of like the blue one on Starcrossed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You getting Dreamless makes me a very jealous blog friend... The Sweet Far Thing and Anna Dressed in Blood were great reads! So many goo books I need to read. Happy reading, and I hope your surgery went okay...


    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great awesome haul of books to greet you after a week of surgery hellaciousness. :) I hope you enjoy all of your books, and man Dreamless is very very shiny! Can't wait to see what you think of Soulless the manga and Underworld. :D Happy reading, Marla!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christy @TheReaderBeeJune 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM

    Awesome books! I just finished Arise last week, and I really loved it. :) Looking forward to seeing what you think of Monument 14, I really want to read it. :) And congrats on your Kindle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm starting it next, so I'll be sure to let you know! :-) And thanks! I really like my Kindle, so far.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva