Saturday, June 16, 2012

Owl Tell You All About It & New to the Nest - June 16, 2012


Welcome to my weekly recap of events here on Starting the Next Chapter.  Here, you can see what I read, what I'm reading, what I'm reading next, what I've written, where I may be going, and the books I received since last week.  Take a look around and feel free to comment.  I love comments and am always happy to return the visit!

Books Read This Week


Arise by Tara Hudson
Call of the Sea by Rebecca Hart


 For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne

Currently Reading


Embrace by Jessica Shirvington


Up Next


Burn Mark by Laura Powell
This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
Dust Girl by Sarah Zettel


Reviews Posted

Call of the Sea by Rebecca Hart
Timepiece by Myra McEntire
Redheads are Soulless by Heather M. White
Arise by Tara Hudson


Other Posts




I'm still recovering from surgery, so I've needed some cheering up.  Luckily, some good cheer arrived at my doorstep this week to drive away the blues!


Physical Books


Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard (ARC from the publisher)
Eve & Adam by Susan Applegate & Michael Grant (ARC from the publisher)


Timepiece by Myra McEntire
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Sapphique by Catherine Fisher (BAM clearance rack)


 Corsets and Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances ed. by Trisha Telep (Amazon bargain book)
Possessions by Nancy Holder (Amazon bargain book)
The Evil Within: A Possessions Novel by Nancy Holder (Amazon bargain book)


 Invincible by Sherrilyn Kenyon (BAM clearance rack) 
Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck (Amazon bargain book)

Ebooks

The Blood Keeper by Tessa Gratton (from Random House via Netgalley)
Origin by Jessica Khoury (from Penguin via Netgalley)
Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson (from Random House via Netgalley)


 The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost (from Random House via Netgalley)
Dualed by Elsie Chapman (from Random House via Netgalley)

Errant by Diana Peterfreund (free for Kindle)


 To Ride a Puca by Heather McCorkle
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness ($2.99 for Kindle!)
The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle

Shadowman by Erin Kellison ($3.99 for Kindle!)
Eve by Anna Carey ($2.99 for Kindle!)

Many thanks to HarperTeen, Macmillan, Random House, and Penguin for this week's review copies!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome books this week! Especially Eve&Adam and Burn Mark! They both look so good! Here's Our Week in Books at Libby Blog. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Tiger's Curse last month and I loved it! I can't wait to get the second book =) I hope you enjoy everything and heres my IMM!


    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/06/in-my-mailbox-39-weekly-wrap-up.html



    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great selection of books! I read Tiger's Curse too and liked it. And I loved A Discovery of Witches. Did you see that NetGalley has the sequel? I just got that for review. I got Eve and Adam this week too. I hope you enjoy all your new books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is some awesome haul, meine freundin! I see you also picked up The Lure of Shapinsay, so here's hoping we'll have another great selkie book. Ooh, you also got To Ride a Puca, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on that one. Great haul, Marla, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica@a GREAT readJune 18, 2012 at 3:54 AM

    OOOh fab haul!! I got the Blood Keeper this week too! Not sure when I will be able to fit it in! Possibly in July sometime!!

    I have Colleen Houck's book in my TBR mountain as well! Hearing fab things about this series!!

    Loooove Erin Kellison's books! Hope you enjoy this installment!

    Read the first in that Nancy Holder series, but didn't really enjoy it as much. Hope you do though!

    Hope you enjoy ALL your new reads!




    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!





    Have a GREAT
    weekend!





    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such an awesome haul! I'm looking forward to your reviews on Something Strange and Deadly, Eve & Adam and Dualed!
    Happy reading!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG you got Even & Adam! So jealous. Let me know how you like it. My sister really liked A Discovery of Witches and I know Deborah is coming to Parnassus for her second bk in July. Maybe if you like it we can all meet up there for the signing. :D Enjoy all your books Marla. Thanks for the books yesterday. The Myra signing was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva