Monday, June 4, 2012

Owl's Eye View #2 - Meet Myra McEntire!

Welcome, dear readers, to the June edition of Owl's Eye View!  This month, I am pleased to welcome the one and only Myra McEntire to Starting the Next Chapter.  Her sophomore title, Timepiece, hits shelves on June 12th and is the continuation of the fabulous story she first introduced us to in last year's debut, Hourglass.

Myra was gracious enough to accept an interview and a round of This or That, which I have for you below.  I had the opportunity of seeing her at the two last signings I attended, the last of which I detailed HERE.  I hope you will all join me in welcoming Myra to StNC.


Marla: Hi, Myra! Thanks for stopping by Starting the Next Chapter. I've got some questions for you so the readers out there can get to know you better.  My first question to you is: If you had to pick 1 thing that you would want people to know about you, what would that 1 thing be?
Myra: I'd rather laugh than cry. 

Marla: Who or what originally inspired you to start writing?
Myra: I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and realized I at least had to try to write my own story.  

Marla: What inspired you to write Hourglass?
Myra: I really have no idea! I just sort of followed a whim, and I liked where it took me. 

Marla: Which one of your characters is most like you?
Myra: They're all a mix of me. Em's sarcasm, Michael's responsibility ... 

Marla: What are your top 5 favorite books?
Myra: Harry Potter and the (insert name here) ... obvs I am a rule breaker. 

Marla: What was the best part of writing the Hourglass series? The worst?
Myra: The best part was the sense of adventure. The worst was the lack of sleep!

Marla: What was your favorite moment to write in Hourglass and/or Timepiece?
Myra: I enjoyed the moment when Kaleb finally got to kiss the girl. 

Marla: Are you reading anything at the moment? If so, what?
Myra: I am reading HEMLOCK by Kathleen Peacock. LOVE. 
A Note: Small world!  Kathleen was last month's Owl's Eye View featured author!  You can see her interview HERE.

Marla: Where is your favorite place to write?
Myra: My office, or my couch. I move around depending on if I'm drafting or editing.  

Marla: What author has inspired you the most?
Myra: JK and Stephenie equal here. They both had things they had to overcome. 

Marla: If you could travel to any place and time in history, where/when would you go?
Myra: Summer of 1816, Villa Diodati. Google it. ;)

Marla: Do you have any advice for the aspiring writers out there?
Myra: Keep reading, keep writing, and be stubborn.

Marla: Thanks for being the June Owl's Eye View featured author, Myra! It has been great talking to you.
Myra: Thank you so much!

This or That

Coffee or Tea? Coffee in the morning, Tea in the afternoon
Spring or Fall? Fall
Snow or Rain? Rain
Physical book or Ebook? Physical
DVD or Theater? Theater
Day or Night? Night
Vanilla or Chocolate? Chocolate
Dog or Cat? Cat
At home with friends or Somewhere exotic alone? Home
Read the book or Watch the movie? Yes. (HEE!)


About Myra

Myra McEntire knows the words to every R&B hit of the last decade, but since she lives in Nashville, the country music capital of America, her lyrical talents go sadly unappreciated. She’s chosen, instead, to channel her “mad word skills” into creating stories. She’s an avid Doctor Who fan and will argue passionately about which incarnation is the best. You can visit her online at www.myramcentire.com.

Myra on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3228055.Myra_McEntire
Myra on Twitter: @MyraMcEntire


About Timepiece

A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...

Kaleb Ballard's relentless flirting is interrupted when Jack Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, timeslips in and attacks before disappearing just as quickly. But Kaleb has never before been able to see time travelers, unlike many of his friends associated with the mysterious Hourglass organization. Are Kaleb's powers expanding, or is something very wrong?

Then the Hourglass is issued an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the time gene, or time will be altered with devastating results.

Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Jack. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...

The follow-up to Hourglass, Timepiece blends the paranormal, science fiction, mystery, and suspense genres into a nonstop thrill ride where every second counts.


2 comments:

  1. Fun interview! Loved Hourglass, Timepiece and can't wait for Infinity Glass:) And yes, I did Google the Summer of 1816:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva