Friday, June 22, 2012

Owl Tell You All About It & New to the Nest - June 23, 2012


Welcome to my weekly recap of events here on Starting the Next Chapter.  Here, you can see what I read, what I'm reading, what I'm reading next, what I've written, where I may be going, and the books I received since last week.  Take a look around and feel free to comment.  I love comments and am always happy to return the visit!

Books I've Read This Week

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington
This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
Venom by Fiona Paul


Currently Reading

Burn Mark by Laura Powell
 Dust Girl by Sarah Zettel


Up Next

Eve by Anna Carey
Once by Anna Carey
The Dream Slayer by Jill Cooper
Dark Companion by Marta Acosta


Reviews Posted

For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
Embrace by Jessica Shirvington


Other Posts




Holy canoli, did I ever get a lot of review books this week!  This is so outside the norm that I'm feeling a little shell-shocked at the moment.  It looks like I'm going to be very busy this fall.


Physical Books

Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier (from Macmillan for review)
Promised by Caragh M. O'Brien (from Macmillan for review)
The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski (from Macmillan for review)


Venom by Fiona Paul (from Around the World ARC Tours)
Dark Companion by Marta Acosta (from Tor for review)

 Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (sampler; from Shannon)
Waking Storms by Sarah Porter (ARC; from Shannon)
Dark of the Moon by Tracy Barrett (ARC; from Shannon)
Mister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls by Mary Downing Hahn (ARC; from Shannon)

Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
Wildthorn by Jane Eagland (Amazon bargain book)

 A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies (trade)
Silence by Michelle Zegara (trade)


Newly Signed

Timepiece by Myra McEntire


Ebooks

 Tomorrow Land by Mari Mancusi
Everblue by Brenda Pandos
What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang (from HarperTeen via Edelweiss)

4 comments:

  1. Aneeqah @ My Not So Real LifeJune 24, 2012 at 5:54 PM

    What an awesome book haul!! There are some seriously awesome books in that stack. I'm especially dying for What's Left of Me- the synopsis sounds really fantastic! Plus, that cover is totally beautiful. <3 Eve looks really great, so I hope you end up enjoying that one!! I definitely need to pick up a copy of that really soon.


    Enjoy all those books! =)


    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow great haul! I hope the Days of Blood ad Starlight sampler is awesome! I can't read those they're like teases and then I'm crying for the full book!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Eve really cheap for my Kindle, so you might check that out. I don't expect to have a haul like this again for quite some time. I'm definitely going to enjoy it while I can. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I usually handle them fairly well. :-) I'll probably save it for close to publication time, though. I got to review Daughter of Smoke & Bone last year, so who knows? Maybe I'll get to review the next one, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva