Saturday, April 28, 2012

Owl Tell You All About It - Week in Review for April 22-28

It's been quite a while since I did one of these.  It has been a long, dramatic week that has left this mama owl reeling.  I'm not going into a long discourse regarding the goings-on from earlier this week.  I think it's probably been covered well enough, but suffice it to say that I do not condone the actions of The Story Siren, nor do I wish to link to her in any way, shape, or form.  Thus, I have dropped out of the Debut Author Challenge, the Debut Author Challenge ARC Tours, and I am now in need of a substitute for IMM.  Until I figure out what I'm going to do from here on out, I'm going to house it in my Owl Tell You All About It posts.  I may separate it into its own post in the future, but for now you can view the "New to the Nest" section to see my new book acquisitions.

Books Read This Week

Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga


Currently Reading

Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter
The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda


Up Next

The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry
Dust and Decay by Jonathan Maberry


Reviews Posted

Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
The Selection by Kiera Cass
The Calling by Kelley Armstrong


Other Posts



Upcoming Author Events in My Area

Jen Calonita, Elizabeth Eulberg, & Jackson Pearce 
@ Barnes & Noble in Brentwood, TN; May 8th, 2012

Amy Plum, Myra McEntire, & CJ Redwine
@ Parnassus Books in Nashville, TN; May 14th, 2012


New to the Nest


Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
In the Forests of the Night by Kersten Hamilton
(all new)


Chime by Frannie Billingsley
Croak by Gina Damico
The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
(from Amazon's 4-for-3 special)


A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston
Faery Tales & Nightmares by Melissa Marr
Betraying Season by Marissa Doyle
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
(all used)


Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly
Crusade by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie
Cybele's Secret by Juliet Marillier
Legacies by Mercedes Lackey & Rosemary Edghill
(Amazon bargain books)


Rotters by Daniel Kraus (won from Random Buzzers)
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks (for review from Macmillan)


Wicked As They Come by Delilah Dawson
A Brush of Darkness by Allison Pang
(both from local book store)

A Sliver of Shadow by Allison Pang
Dead on the Delta by Stacey Jay
Blood on the Bayou by Stacey Jay
Grave Witch by Kalayna Price
(from Amazon's 4-for-3 special)


Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs
Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs
Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
(bought used; highly recommended by Heather @ SupaGurl Books)


Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson
(new from local book store)

Firethorn by Sarah Micklem
Wildfire by Sarah Micklem
(both bought used)



The Infects by Sean Beaudoin
Timepiece by Myra McEntire
Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
The Glimpse by Claire Merle
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
(all from Netgalley)

8 comments:

  1. Great post!  I love seeing everything that is happening - you're a busy bee ;-)

    I hope you're enjoying The Hunt - I loved it - great world building and super-creepy.  

    I'll be interested to hear what you think of Dust and Decay, Jonathan Maberry is one of my favourite zombie authors.

    Amazing books - where will you start?!

    My Sunday post: The Sunday Session

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Love all those books.

    You have been busy reading!

    http://reviewingshelf.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/showcase-sunday-1/ 

    ReplyDelete
  3.  Hi, Kat!  Yeah, last week was hopping around here.  This week looks to be jam-packed as well, as I have a lot of reviews that need posting. 

    I am enjoying The Hunt, though I admit that I got sucked into Born at Midnight and finished it first.  :-D  It's definitely a creepy book, though, and I'm glad I picked it to read this weekend.

    I definitely love every book I got, so choosing one is going to be tough.  I suspect it will be Of Poseidon, though.  I'm dying to read it.  :-)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4.  Hi, Pragya!  That I have.  :-)  I even finished Born at Midnight last night.  Now, to see if I can finish The Hunt today...

    Thanks for stopping by.  I'm heading over to your post to check out your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What a great bunch of books! I got Glitch too and can't wait to get to it! Masque of Red Death and The Immortal Rules are both on my to be purchased list! They were both SO good! Here's Our Week in Books @Libby Blog! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6.  Hey, Ange!  Weren't they just!?  You should see the finished Masque of the Red Death!  Gorgeous!  The Immortal Rules also has a nice finished cover.  Love them!  I'm headed over to your blog next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy The Immortal Rules that was really good! Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-32.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! You got some really awesome books this week! I haven't heard of Rotters before, so I need to check it out. I'm so jealous that you got Masque of the Red Death and Glitch! Happy reading!

    Stacking the Shelves
     

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva