Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - April 18, 2012



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To participate, simply share that book(s) you are eagerly awaiting the release of and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. Clicking the link above will take you straight to her post and widget.

I've got FOUR more awesome books that I am positively excited about.   I simply couldn't choose just 3, so there are 4, instead.  You'll see why once you read more about them.

For this first selection, tread carefully if you haven't read the first 3 books in the series.  There are spoilers for the 3rd book in the description!

Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
coming October 23, 2012 from Little, Brown BFYR

Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate has spent most of his life longing to escape the stiflingly small Southern town of Gatlin. He never thought he would meet the girl of his dreams, Lena Duchannes, who unveiled a secretive, powerful, and cursed side of Gatlin, hidden in plain sight. And he never could have expected that he would be forced to leave behind everyone and everything he cares about. So when Ethan awakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, he has only one goal: to find a way to return to Lena and the ones he loves.

Back in Gatlin, Lena is making her own bargains for Ethan's return, vowing to do whatever it takes -- even if that means trusting old enemies or risking the lives of the family and friends Ethan left to protect.

Worlds apart, Ethan and Lena must once again work together to rewrite their fate, in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series.


Why I'm waiting: I've loved this entire series and I am dying to know what happened to Ethan!



 Ironskin by Tina Connolly
coming October 2, 2012 from Tor


Jane Eliot wears an iron mask.

It’s the only way to contain the fey curse that scars her cheek. The Great War is five years gone, but its scattered victims remain—the ironskin.

When a carefully worded listing appears for a governess to assist with a "delicate situation"—a child born during the Great War—Jane is certain the child is fey-cursed, and that she can help.

Teaching the unruly Dorie to suppress her curse is hard enough; she certainly didn’t expect to fall for the girl’s father, the enigmatic artist Edward Rochart. But her blossoming crush is stifled by her own scars, and by his parade of women. Ugly women, who enter his closed studio...and come out as beautiful as the fey.

Jane knows Rochart cannot love her, just as she knows that she must wear iron for the rest of her life. But what if neither of these things is true? Step by step Jane unlocks the secrets of her new life—and discover just how far she will go to become whole again.


Why I'm waiting: I love any and everything about books involving the fae, so this one is, naturally, high on my list!



Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
coming September 25, 2012 from Harlequin Teen


She won’t resist until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….


I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.


Why I'm waiting: I have become more and more of a fan of zombie fiction, so this one caught my eye immediately.


  Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier
coming September 11, 2012 from Knopf BFYR


Its name is spoken only in whispers, if the people of Alban dare to speak it at all: Shadowfell. The training ground for rebels seeking to free their land from the grip of the tyrannical king is so shrouded in mystery that most believe it to be a myth.

But for Neryn, Shadowfell's existence is her only hope. She is penniless, orphaned, and utterly alone - and concealing a treacherous magical power that will warrant her immediate enslavement should it be revealed. She finds hope of allies in the Good Folk, fey beings whom she must pretend she cannot see and who taunt her with chatter of prophecies and tests, and in a striking, mysterious stranger, who saves her from certain death but whose motives remain unclear. She knows she should not trust anyone with her plans, but something within her longs to confide in him.

Will Neryn be forced to make the dangerous journey alone? She must reach Shadowfell, not only to avenge her family and salvage her own life, but to rescue Alban itself.

This first novel in a new trilogy from enchanting fantasy author Juliet Marillier is a captivating tale of peril, courage, romance, and survival.


Why I'm waiting: I adore Juliet Marillier's Sevenwaters series, so when I saw that she had this YA trilogy coming up, I was very excited!

19 comments:

  1. Awesome choice this week!! I am super excited for this one :D


    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-41-valkyrie-rising.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni @ Alluring ReadsApril 17, 2012 at 9:16 PM

    These all look so good! I haven't read any from the first choices series, but I really should.

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of them look and sound so great! Awesome choices this week. : ) I think, for me, Ironskin sounds the most enticing. October is a long ways away, though! : )

    Happy Wednesday!
    Jessie Marie @ The Daily Bookmark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are awesome picks you have there! I'm so excited for Beautiful Redemption too. Although I haven't read the third book and believe me I'm dying to. I featured Ironskin on my last WoW too. Isn't the cover so gorgeous? 

    Anyway, thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great picks! Love the Beautiful Creatures series! I also can't wait for Alice in Zombieland and Ironskin. I love the covers for both!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, some great choices! I've only read Beautiful Creatures so far, but really loved it. I would like to get caught up before the fourth book comes out! And I always hear amazing things about Juliet Marillier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeeppp!!!! Definitely Beautiful Redemption! The book is SO EMO but I just can't seem to stop reading it ;) Great picks!=D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-7-clues-to-winning-you-by.html 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo many great picks...I don't know where to start, but I'm waiting no them all, too!  :)  My friend recently let me borrow Beautiful Creatures, and I can't wait to start it, especially with the news of a movie and casting!

    Here's my WoW post.  Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have loved all the covers for the Beautiful Creatures series. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! I'm especially waiting for Beautiful Redemption it is also one of my favorite all-time series. October is too far away!! D:

    Here's my WoW if you want to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All very beautiful covers and great pick.  I'm really wanting to pick up that alice book.  Here's my WoW
    Thanks, Cathy @ Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks. I can't believe I haven't read the Beautiful Chaos books, yet. Nearly.... came close once, and then missed 'em. Tragic!!  :-)  Good thing there's still time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree wholeheartedly about the Castor Chronicles!! LOVE them! I'm ridiculously excited about the movie to come! Ditto on the zombies too. If someone had told me I'd like these books I would have laughed in their face a year ago! Craziness! The other two I haven't heard of but they look darn good as well! Both of them! Here's our Waiting on Weds this week! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PatriciaBookExhibitionismApril 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM

    WOW! So many books! :O I am very excited about Alice in Zombielant, but being a LOTU/Gena fan, that is hardly a surprise. *grin*

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  15.  I highly recommend them!  There's a certain touch of the Southern Gothic in there that I adore.  :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am dying to read all of thee books! Alice in Zombieland in-particular!

    Thanks for sharing!My WoWRenae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great choices! I'm so excited about Alice in Zombieland (with its pretty cover) and Shadowfell. I haven't read Marillier's books yet but I love a good fantasy.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva