Friday, May 20, 2011

What's Your Status? May 21, 2011


This meme comes from Butterfly Feet Walking On Life. The object is to post what you have finished in the last week, what you are currently reading, what you plan to read in the coming week, and what you want to buy next. You can also post about reviews you've written and memes you have done, though these aren't mandatory. I'm also going to include the status of my reading challenges.

Holy canoli, did I ever get a lot of reading done this week! Six books! Six! That's got to be a personal record. If I had read one more I would have average a book a day!

Books Finished: Week of May 15 - May 21














Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
A Day in the Life of a Smiling Woman: Complete Short Stories by Margaret Drabble














Die for Me by Amy Plum
The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Currently Reading














The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
The Hollow by Jessica Verday
The Little Women Letters by Gabrielle Donnelly

Next on My To-Read List














Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Twisted Thread by Charlotte Bacon
Evernight by Claudia Gray

Reviews

Uglies
Demonglass
A Day in the Life of a Smiling Woman
Die for Me
The Strange Case of Finley Jayne

Challenges

Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge (50/100, 50% finished) - I decided to up the ante and go for 100 books this year. Even after adjusting my number, Goodreads says that I am still 12 books ahead of schedule.

2011 E-Book Reading Challenge (15/20, 75% finished) - I finished 2 ebooks this week! I think I forgot to add one last week. Oh, well!

The Sense and Sensibility Bicentenary Reading Challenge 2011 (6/10, 60% finished) - I stayed in bed when I was sick and watched the 1995 production of Sense and Sensibility. Love that movie!

2011 YA Reading Challenge (34/50, 68% finished) - Die for Me was the clear favorite this week. Fantastic read!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of good ones lately!

    How are you liking the Uglies books? I really liked that series. There was some things I didn't like about it, but it was still really entertaining and different.

    I also got Divergent in! I'm soo excited to start on it. :)


    ~ Sarah ♥ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I watched Sense and Sensibility this week too! And I seriously need to finish off my Library books so I can get to Die For Me. BTW, you're such a fast reader you could totally go for way more books in your Goodreads Challenge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were right: You finished quite a bit this week! Congrats! :D

    ~Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I read The Girl in the Steel Corset last week. Enjoy!

    Reading Lark's Status

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva