Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: May 24, 2011


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. It is a meme that lets you see what your fellow bloggers are reading and gives you a glimpse at books you may want to read. Anyone can participate so long as they follow the rules:

  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  4. PLEASE DON'T SHARE SPOILERS! Try not to give away too much with your selection.
  5. Share the title, author, and page numbers so that others can add it to their to-be-read list if they want.
My teaser of the week:

Stepping carefully around tree limbs and loose rocks, I made my way down. As I descended lower and the underside of the bridge became more visible, I spotted someone sitting on the ground reading a book.
That little tidbit comes from pages 97-98 of The Hollow by Jessica Verday. I'm still not sure where this book is going, exactly. At the time I am writing this I just completed the sixth chapter and, so far, all I know is that the protagonist's best friend is missing and believed to be dead and that the protagonist makes perfume. I guess we'll see what we see, as I'll be starting the seventh chapter soon.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser. I like the cover of the book. Can't wait to see what you think of the book when you have finished it =). Happy Reading!

    Ange

    My Teaser: http://tiny.cc/leba1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaseer...hope the book picks up for ya;)
    Cute blog, i love the owls. I have a thing for them...they kinda follow me lolz. So i guess it's only fitting that now I follow you!!
    Now come, let me tease you;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser! Read this book awhile back and kind of had the same problem you currently have...

    Here's my teaser

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love this cover! Thanks for sharing your teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hey, at least it's a mystery. It can be frustrating to not really know where the story is heading generally though. Hope it gets better for you!

    Here's my teaser for this week:
    http://imlovingbooks.com/features/teaser-tuesday/it-happened-one-bite-lydia-dare-tt.html

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, let us all know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva