Monday, May 9, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading? May 9, 2011


It's Monday! What are you reading is a weekly meme that comes to us from Sheila at Book Journey. To participate, simply post what you finished reading in the past week and what you plan to read this week. It is a good way to find other books you may enjoy reading. After you write your post, head over to Sheila's blog to leave your post's link on the link entry form at the bottom of the What are you reading? post.

Last week was a bit hectic for me since it was finals week. I am relieved to have passed everything. Reading-wise, I only just finished my fourth book since last Sunday. On top of all of that, my 2 year old decided to break my netbook screen as a Mother's Day gift, so now I am using my computer hooked up to one of our TVs, which will have to serve as a monitor until August when I can get a new one. This poor computer has been through the wringer. I've only had it for a year and already it's on its second hard drive, is missing the slider for the power switch, and now has a busted monitor. My mother keeps telling me that I'm going to have to start putting things on the ceiling. My friend begs to differ. She suggests the roof. They are probably right.

What I Finished














The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare














Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough

What I'm Reading














Mockingjay
by Suzanne Collins
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
A Day in the Life of a Smiling Woman: Complete Short Stories by Margaret Drabble

Up Next














Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
Uglies by Scott Westerfield

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some great books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your computer woes. I know what that's like. Congratulations on passing all your classes. I am amazed that you were able to read four books while also taking finals!

    You have some fantastic books on your list. I love the Mortal Instruments series and Paranormalcy. I also really liked Hex Hall and Demonglass. I hope you will enjoy those books as much as I did. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be looking for your review on Hex Hall! Hear some good things about it but still can't decide if I should start it or not! Need more motivation! ;)

    Here's my Monday wrapup

    Have a GREAT reading week!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have read/are reading some of my favorites! This is my first time to your blog (through Sheila's Linky) and I will be back!

    Mom, student, and blogger? Color me impressed!

    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about your reader and computer. My kids are much older and together with my very sneaky husband, they bought me a new computer for Mother's Day. So as they get older, things get better, I promise.

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ha da crazy week - and reading on top of it - wow! I want to read City Of Bones so bad but every time I pull it off my shelf I have to return it..... no time.... GAH! One of these days though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bummer about the computer...just hang in there. It will get better (slightlY) eventually she'll just want to use your computer and netbook :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Cassandra Clare, Scott Westerfeld and Suzanne Collins all in one week! Wow! You are in for some fabulous reading!

    Hope you have a fabulous reading week and if you get a second stop my to see what I've been reading at There's A Book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hex Hall was awesome! I am meeting the author this week at Rochester's Teen Book Festival, I am sooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great week lined up! Hex Hall has been on my TBR list for awhile based on that cover alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the computer problems! It is so frustrating when we depend on this too much. Hope you enjoy the Westerfeld series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Marla! ONLY four books with finals too?!? I bow down to you, lady! I don't have a toddler or go to school and I only finished one! LOL

    Congrats on passing all of your classes--good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva