Monday, May 23, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading? May 23, 2011


It's Monday! What are you reading is a weekly meme that comes to us from Sheila at Book Journey. To participate, simply post what you finished reading in the past week and what you plan to read this week. It is a good way to find other books you may enjoy reading. After you write your post, head over to Sheila's blog to leave your post's link on the link entry form at the bottom of the What are you reading? post.

Last week was busy book-wise. I read six books and posted five reviews. I've already gotten this week off to a good start by posting the first review for the week. On Tuesday morning, I'll have a review up for The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross and should also have reviews for The Hollow by Jessica Verday and Divergent by Vernoica Roth. There may be one or two more, but we'll just see what kind of progress I make with the library books, ARCs, and galleys I'll be working through for the next month. Three cheers for deadlines! At least I have good company. As I write this, evening has just begun and my two year-old daughter is sitting on her little chair next to me, "reading" a Sandra Boynton book to me.

What I Finished














Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
A Day in the Life of a Smiling Woman by Margaret Drabble














Die for Me by Amy Plum
The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

What I'm Reading














The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross (eGalley from Netgalley)
The Hollow by Jessica Verday (I was surprised to find out that she's a semi-local girl.)
The Little Women Letters by Gabrielle Donnelly (ARC from Simon & Schuster)

Up Next














Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Twisted Thread by Charlotte Bacon (ARC from Voice)
Pretties by Scott Westerfeld

12 comments:

  1. Uglies is a great book. I finished ten books this week which actually surprises me because I hardly did any reading during my usual fun reading time. Come see what I finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read some great books last week! I loved Demon Glass and City of Glass. Can't wait for your review of Die for Me!
    Happy Reading

    Ange

    My weeks progress: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting reading choices :) I hope you will enjoy you next reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stopping over here. There is always so much good stuff!

    Here's mine:

    http://bookbelle0819.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to tackle The Girl in the Steel Corset as well this week!

    I read The Hallow awhile back as well! It was interesting, can't wait to see what you think. And how cool to know that she's a local author! I have 2 authors that I enjoy and are somewhat local!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping by~
    You read so many books last week! Divergent is a must read!

    Here's my Monday list

    Also please check out our New Blog Badge + Program Launch here

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems like everyone is reading Die For Me and The Girl in the Steel Corset. I'll have to check them out when I have time.
    Here's my It's Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that brings back such memories. I remember when my daughter used to "read" Eric Carle to me! She's 9 now and reading Harry Potter.

    Last week I finished The Book of Lost Things and this week I'm reading a book by a local author called My Abandonment

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, I've got The Little Women Letters on my TBR list - hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really loved The Uglies series! The Strange Case of Finley Jayne looks interesting, I will have to check it out. I like the whole Steampunk culture.


    http://quixoticmagpie.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful taste in books- there are quite a few there that I'd love to read. The Hollow is pretty high on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great reading week for you! We haven't read the "Uglies" series yet, but it is definitely one I have my eye on. I love short stories, so A Day in the Life of a Smiling Woman - I will definitely have to look into that one. Demon Glass, Die for Me, The Girl in the Steel Corset, Divergent-all getting rave reviews. The Mortal Instruments series is a house favorite.

    Color me green!

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva