Monday, May 30, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading? May 30, 2011


It's Monday! What are you reading is a weekly meme that comes to us from Sheila at Book Journey. To participate, simply post what you finished reading in the past week and what you plan to read this week. It is a good way to find other books you may enjoy reading. After you write your post, head over to Sheila's blog to leave your post's link on the link entry form at the bottom of the What are you reading? post.

What a weekend. My vacation wound up not being very vacation-like at all. In fact, I decided to come home today (Monday) instead of Tuesday. What should have been one of the highlights was a big flop. My trip to McKay proved disappointing in more ways than one. First, the YA shelves were picked over and the few books I would have liked to have were really over-priced, so I came out of the store empty-handed. Secondly, I was flabbergasted and dismayed to find that they now have an entire shelf dedicated to ARCs. Not cool, McKay! The only truly nice thing about the weekend was finishing four books, two of which were ARCs for novels that will be coming out soon. I really enjoyed both and am looking forwarding to posting my reviews. This is probably the only post I will make tonight. I'm still pretty tired from my "vacation."

What I Finished














The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
The Hollow by Jessica Verday
Divergent by Veronica Roth














Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
The Little Women Letters by Gabrielle Donnelly (hitting stores June 7th; loved it!)
The Twisted Thread by Charlotte Bacon (coming June 14th; another enjoyable read)

What I'm Reading














City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma
Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz

Up Next














Hush, Hush
by Becca Fitzpatrick
Legacy by Cayla Kluver
Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater

4 comments:

  1. SO many great reads! I want to read Divergent so badly! Have a super week :)

    Oh and bummer about your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive heard sooo many good things about Divergent and am dying to read it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished SPELLBOUND and really enjoyed it! You have some great books there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that your vacation was a bust :(

    It's also too bad that a bookstore is selling ARCs. Boo on them.

    Looks like you did quite a bit of reading though. I really liked The Girl in the Steel Corset and City of Fallen Angels and I am looking forward to Divergent. The Twisted Thread and The Little Women Letters both look really good too. I hope you have a much better week and enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva