Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May Wrap-Up

We have reached the last day of May, so it's time for another state of the blog, so to speak. I've made a lot of progress this month. I'm starting to receive more reviewing opportunities, which is very exciting. I also reached (and surpassed) 200 followers and am on my way to 300. I have big plans for when I reach 500, so stay tuned! I received 3 ARCs and won 1 finished book from Goodreads, bought some awesome books on my own, and patronized my local library... a lot. While I didn't get reviews written for all of the books I read this month, I did manage to write a respectable 16 reviews out of the 20 books I read. All of the rest will be coming soon, maybe even starting this evening.

Everyday life, while maintaining a certain level of stress, is at least free from classes until August. My summer break started on May 4th, which was such a relief. I came out of classes with one A, one B, one C (it's a long story), and one W (that's for "withdrawal"). It's not my most stellar grade report ever, but it's a surviving one and means that my GPA didn't suffer, which is all that matters to me. Next up, I have GREs to prepare for and graduate schools to select and begin applying to. It's all a very daunting thought, as it's been several years since I last had to go through the applying for college routine. It's all enough to make my head reel! Plus, finding an ALA accredited library science program that just might give me a shot is leaving me feeling very nervous, indeed. I did, however, find out that my friend decided to go with information/library science, herself, and has confirmed with a school! It's very exciting and I can't wait to hear all about it.

It's been a great month, all in all. Thank you to both my new and old followers for making it so. I can't wait to see what June has in store for us all. Let the summer officially begin (just with less humidity, please? maybe?)!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your May wrap-up! Sounds like it's been a great month. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm speechless! 20 books?! Wow! I'm so impressed! I once read 14 in a month and I thought that was a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva