Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading? May 16, 2011


It's Monday! What are you reading is a weekly meme that comes to us from Sheila at Book Journey. To participate, simply post what you finished reading in the past week and what you plan to read this week. It is a good way to find other books you may enjoy reading. After you write your post, head over to Sheila's blog to leave your post's link on the link entry form at the bottom of the What are you reading? post.

I got quite a bit of reading done last week. I read and reviewed 4 books total since last Sunday. I didn't get this week off to a good start, however. I woke up feeling very sick to my stomach and most likely had a fever, as I kept hallucinating things and couldn't stay awake. I slept until 2 PM, when I woke up to finally eat a little, and then dozed again until around 5. I feel like I am so behind and that I wasted an entire day, but at least I'm starting to feel better. Now, onto the book lists!

What I Finished














City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins














Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

What I'm Reading














Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
(I'm seeing a theme here. Maybe I should start Glimmerglass and just do a theme week. Ha!)

Up Next














Die for Me by Amy Plum
The Hollow by Jessica Verday
(I haven't picked my next ebook yet, so keep an eye out for a change in my right-hand column.)

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better, I really want to read the uglies! It's a series that I keep meaning to reading.

    It sounds like you at least had a good book week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely work on a glass theme this week. I love when that happens to me. Mine seems to have been troubled parent/troubled teen theme this week. I hope to break into some good fluff next.

    Enjoy your week. I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better. Despite being sick you had a good week and read some great books. I love the Mortal Instruments series and just finished City of Fallen Angels. I also loved Hex Hall and Demonglass. Hope this week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great week. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, and I hope you're doing better now. It looks like you did get a lot done though, Marla, so no worries. :) Keep getting better and have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Die for Me was interesting as was the Hallow--if a little slow sometimes.

    Thinking I might need to read Hex Hall soon, been reading some good reviews on that and some scans on Demon Glass!

    Here's my Monday wrapup!

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get better soon! With all those great books to read, you can't be halicinating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, we do read in themes, sometimes. Enjoy your books!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really interested in Die For Me. I'll be anxious to here what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read The City Of books so bad... yet have not even started yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved Hex Hall - it's one of my favorite series. Loved it!I I'm also a big Mortal Instrument series fan - I'm re-reading them this summer just for fun. Looks like a great week for you.

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva