Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Freedom!


I took my last final exam for the semester this morning. I very nearly did a jig on my way out of the building. To say that I am relieved is a vast understatement. The combination of the terrible twos and this past semester has been agonizingly frustrating for me. It would have been much worse had I not been able to indulge in a little escapism with books. I highly doubt that I will make the dean's list again this semester In fact, I know I won't since I had to drop my history of the English language class (aka "HEL(L)") like a hot potato. My GPA would have plummeted had I not done so. My advisor assures me that I have other options aside from that class, which is good since I refuse to take another class with that professor.

So, what is the point in all of this? First off, I suppose I needed to vent a little. Hope you all don't mind. Really, though, the end of the semester means good things for Starting the Next Chapter. I will be able to dedicate a little more time to reading, meaning there will be more reviews. I have some really good ones in the works, one of which will be revealed in what I hope will be my first vlog for In My Mailbox this Sunday! I'm so thrilled by what I got in the mail yesterday that I don't think a text and picture-only blog post will do it justice. I hope you will all stay tuned to see what I have in store this summer. It's going to be a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the end of classes! Isn't that always such a relief? I love school, but it's nice to be able just to breathe. :)

    Looking forward to a blog for IMM; I've been thinking about doing that myself but I think I have to get everything in order, first. Sounds like some exciting stuff is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. School and parenting a two year old! You get enormous props for doing those two things together, not to mention the great blog. Hope you enjoy your breather.

    www.johannagarth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for freedom! I want to know what you got in the mail!!!

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva