Monday, May 9, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: May 10, 2011


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. It is a meme that lets you see what your fellow bloggers are reading and gives you a glimpse at books you may want to read. Anyone can participate so long as they follow the rules:

  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  4. PLEASE DON'T SHARE SPOILERS! Try not to give away too much with your selection.
  5. Share the title, author, and page numbers so that others can add it to their to-be-read list if they want.
My teaser of the week:

"President Snow says he's sending us a message? Well, I have one for him. You can torture us and bomb us and burn our districts to the ground, but do you see that?" One of the cameras follows as I point to the planes burning on the roof of the warehouse across from us. The Capitol seal on a wing glows clearly through the flames. "Fire is catching!"

This week's teaser comes from pages 99 through 100 of Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I couldn't resist using more than two sentences this week. I just finished the chapter the above quote came from and it is certainly a rousing speech! If what I've read so far is any indication, I'm going to love this book just as much as the other two.

10 comments:

  1. Powerful teaser! I loved this series and hope you are enjoying Mockingjay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I loved MOCKINGJAY. Katniss is so sure and fiery and...well, there's a lot yet to go for you, but I loved it just as much as the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh--great teasers, Marla! I can just picture her saying this....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, more than one sentence was needed! Gripping teaser. Hey, I wonder if I'm related to President Snow? LOL

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. This part of the book always gives me shivers. You picked a great part to tease from!

    This week I've got a double dose of teasers up over at Find the Time to Read I hope you'll come check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Teaser. I hope you like this one. It was so hit and miss with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great teaser. I am definitely going to read this series soon - been on my tbr pile for ages.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh be still my heart! My absolute favorite series!!!
    I even know that line :o]

    Excellent choice, Marla!

    Kristi-The Book Faery's TT

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva