Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: May 25, 2011


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event from Jill at Breaking the Spine. To participate, simply share that book(s) you are eagerly awaiting the release of and report back to Breaking the Spine with the link to your post. Clicking the image above will take you straight to her post and link widget. (Special note: The nifty button above comes from Lindsay at The Violet Hour. Isn't it pretty?)

This week, I have another addition to my birthday wish list: Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey.

From Goodreads:
Lenzi hears voices. She also sees visions--gravestones, floods, a gorgeous guy with steel gray eyes. She knows she must be going crazy, just like her dad did. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't do anything to help, and the voices just keep getting louder, the visions more intense. But when Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, everything makes sense.

Sort of.

He tells Lenzi that she's a reincarnated Speaker--someone who can talk to lost souls and help them move on--and that he has been her Protector for centuries. But instead of embracing her abilities, Lenzi struggles between her life as the girlfriend of a sexy musician and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. Yet time is running out; a malevolent spirit has been trying to destroy Lenzi for ages, and he will surely kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.

Her choices are clear: Destiny or normalcy. Alden or Zak. Life or death.

The story line sounds very interesting and it will likely fit in very well with my usual taste in books. The gorgeous cover doesn't hurt, either! Shattered Souls is scheduled to hit stores on December 8th, a mere week after my birthday, so on my wish list it goes! In the meantime, here is the book trailer for your viewing pleasure (please note that the book has undergone a change of title, hence the different name at the onset of the clip).



7 comments:

  1. This one looks really good and I love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh that does sound mighty interesting!!

    Here's my WoW

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw the cover all i could think was I want, I want, I want~~ Great wow :)
    http://readswithwrecklessabandon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my WOW choice a couple of weeks back! I seriously cannot wait for it!! Nice choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great and love the cover! I just saw the cover of The Little Women Letters..very interesting. I will really have to check out that one.
    Joy at Books and Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of this one too, plus the cover is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for picking Shattered Souls as your WoW this week! Here's wishing you a happy birthday several months early!

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva