Saturday, April 30, 2011

April Wrap-Up

It's the last day of April, meaning that I am a week into my third month of book blogging. I've done quite a lot this month. I've read and reviewed seventeen books; added more books to my collection; changed the look of my blog again (though hopefully for the last time for quite a while); I did a guest blog post over at Scathing Weekly (click HERE to check it out!); I hit 100 followers and am well on my way to the 200 mark; I have been introduced to some truly awesome fellow book bloggers; I've won two books this month, which is very exciting; and oh, so much more.

As far as everyday life goes, I am almost finished with the spring semester. I already know that I've made an A in the speech class I had to take; got the grade for my paper in American literature II (a very respectable B, considering that it had to be written entirely without "to-be" verbs; not easy for me); and I have made progress toward catching by up with my previous French language skills after several years of disuse (oh, how easily we forget). I won't make the dean's list, as I had to drop my history of the English language course out of sheer stress, but I am satisfied with my prospective grade report. Finally, I decided which program I will be applying to when I apply for graduate schools this fall. I've decided to pursue a Master of Science degree in library science with a concentration in youth services. I'm very relieved to have my final decision made, as I had been trying to pick between three programs for quite some time.

Thank you to all of my visitors and followers for making April such a good time. I've learned so much and discovered some really great books thanks to all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Another librarian-in-the-makings! :D It's always great to see a new student start down their path. Good luck, Marla! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva