Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Theme Thursday: April 14, 2011

Theme Thursdays


Theme Thursday comes to us from Kavyen at Reading Between Pages. The name of the game is to select a snippet from whatever book you are reading that corresponds with the week's theme. Be sure to name the author and title of your book. Then, leave a link to your post at the official Theme Thursday post. Easy peasy.

This week's theme is: EMOTION

"Ash," I murmured, which made him flinch, bracing himself. My heart pounded, but I ignored my doubts and hurried on. "I... will..." Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and whispered, "Will you be my knight?"

He spun, eyes widening for the briefest of moments. For a few heartbeats, he stared at me, surprise and disbelief written across his face. I gazed back, wondering if it had been a mistake to ask, if I had only bound him further and he would resent being forced into another contract.

~from The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa (p. 128)

5 comments:

  1. Lots of emotions this week. This theme was easy yet fun.

    PS: I love your new look.. Clean and desirable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both. :) This book is full of good examples, but that one definitely stood out for me. As for the blog, I am loving how it turned out. I only have one thing left that I would like to add to it and then I'll be set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good snippet! I had to hunt (backwards from where I was)for mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/04/theme-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one, great example of Emotions. I like your Owl theme, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva