Monday, April 4, 2011

Coffee shops, tornado shelters, and Books-A-Million, oh, my!

It has been quite the day. My French class was cancelled unexpectedly, so I was able to go to my favorite coffee shop and read until my friend arrived to chat for a bit. I read the first fifty pages of Tyger Tyger while I enjoyed an iced mocha and a Black Sheep cupcake (dark chocolate cupcake with chocolate mousse filling and a dark chocolate ganache). I enjoyed the cupcake and I think I am really going to enjoy the book.

After lunch, I headed out to my second class of the day. It had been an overcast, windy day and it was about to get worse. As soon as I reached the doors to my building, the tornado sirens went off. Then, the building's alert system activated and I was stuck in the stifling, over-crowded basement for an hour and fifteen minutes. Needless to say, my second class was eventually let out early.

The second best part of the day was going to Books-A-Million with a dear friend of mine. We perused the YA and general fiction sections, as well as the clearance tables. I splurged and snagged several that have been on my to-buy list for weeks now. I got five in all, two of which I was thrilled to find on the clearance table. I'll save all of that for another day, though. I've got to have something to post for In My Mailbox on Sunday, after all!

2 comments:

  1. "dark chocolate cupcake with chocolate mousse filling and a dark chocolate ganache" Oh my. Sounds too decadent to be legal. My kind of calorie crime :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was worth every single calorie. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva