Sunday, June 12, 2011

In My Mailbox - June 12, 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme from The Story Siren where you can share your new acquisitions. They can come from anywhere: through the mail, via the library, purchased from a store, or downloaded as ebooks. It's up to you!

I got some AWESOME books this week. I made another trip to McKay (the ARC shelf is gone, at least) to sell some movies and books that I no longer wanted (there was no more room at the inn), so while I was waiting I took a cruise down the YA section. Lucky for me, there were some new arrivals and I scored some sweet deals. I got my cash and a trade voucher that allowed me to get 3 books for no money out of pocket. Sa-weet! Then, on Friday, I got a surprise in my mailbox. Here's what I got.

Purchases














Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Hereafter by Tara Hudson
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

Books from Trade Credit














Firelight by Sophie Jordan
The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones

eBooks














The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley

Book Borrowed from a Friend














Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

And, finally, an ARC


drumroll, please!

















Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

A big, "Thank you!" is in order to Scholastic for the opportunity of reading this ARC. I really appreciate it! There was much squealing and bouncing in my chair (no jumping for me since my foot is injured) when I opened the envelope, much to my husband's bafflement. I think he thinks I'm funny... or nuts. I can't really be sure.

6 comments:

  1. Starcrossed is amazing! Good luck getting through Forever, I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Forever ARC you lucky lucky duck! Really can't wait to read it either! Trying not to get too envious of all the ARCs I keep seeing at bloggers' blogs! Keep telling myself my copy is preordered and that in late July, Maggie is coming to my library so the waiting and waiting and WAITING :) will be worth it all!

    The other books look great too! Only read Unearthly from the batch but it was pretty amazing!

    Here's my IMM

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Forever! I'm really looking forward to reading it. :) Can't wait to see what you think of it. I still need to read Unearthly... I hope it's great! Nice book haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats of the ARC! These seem like some great reads! Thanks for sharing. I'd love if you'd check out my IMM too :)

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva