Friday, June 10, 2011

Book Blogger Hop: June 10 - June 13


The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly event hosted by Crazy-For-Books. It is a way for book bloggers to connect and discover new blogs they might enjoy.

This week, the Blogger Hop is being hosted by Lori at Lori's Reading Corner.

Special Note: My GFC widget is MIA, so if you're looking for the way to follow me, simply scroll up to the toolbar at the very top of my blog and click the "follow" link. Thanks!

Every week there is a new question. This week, the question is:

Who is the one author that you are dying to meet?

I have a pretty big list of authors that I would love to meet: Amy Plum, Cassandra Clare, J.K. Rowling, Lauren DeStefano, Julie Kagawa, Cara Lynn Shultz, Maggie Stiefvater... honestly, it's a big list. Fortunately for me, I will have the chance to meet one of the aforementioned authors, as Maggie Stiefvater is going to be doing a book signing and Q&A session in a city a mere hour from my own. Book buddy Nikki and I already plan to be there with bells on (not literally, but you know what I mean).

12 comments:

  1. Hello! Stopping by via the Hop. I am all for meeting all of the ones you named!! :D Already a follower of course My post this week is here.

    Don't miss loads of fun!

    ~Zakiya LadyWings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fun picks. It's always nice when an author you want to meet actually comes to your area. Hope you have fun. :)

    kathy from Read This Instead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by to say hello! I saw Maggie's also coming to a bookstore in my area, so I'm hoping to be there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! It would be SO hard for me to narrow it down to one author... I would love to meet all the same as you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by to say hey! Bummer that none of your faves have come near you! Only rarely does one of my fave authors actually come to St. Louis. Usually, I'm talking my mom into driving me to Naperville, IL or somewhere else. Went to Ohio in April! And another time I was lucky because an author was at a mall 5 minutes away from my aunt in Wisconsin! I'm 23 but my mom wasn't too psyched about me going to all these places by myself so she offers to take me since my one friend is usually working weekends!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I so wish I could meet Maggie! How fortunate she's in your area so soon! :D Both my beau and I missed her in our respective cities, though it's not easy when the book signings are during the week. Ah, well, there will come a time. :) I hope you enjoy meeting her. Old follower here, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to meet JK Rowling, Cassandra Clare, and Maggie Stiefvater too. I chose JK Rowling as my answer for the hop, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks, have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, just hopping on by! I agree with you, it's so hard to choose just one author to meet. I had to go with a childhood favorite, but I would also love to meet a lot of the authors you mentioned, like Lauren DeStefano.

    http://mywordsateme.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-blogger-hop-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi just hopping through - difficult question...hmmm. Okay, Im going to have to say Stephenie Meyer. If Laura Ingalls Wilder were still alive - it would an honor to meet her.
    Always a Starting the NExt Chapter follower!
    My latest post - 'Adoption. Can I give him back please?'

    http://sleeplessinsamoa.blogspot.com/2011/06/adoption-can-we-give-him-back-please.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good choices for authors.

    Stopping by from the blog hop...love your polka dots.

    Check out my answer if you like.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, I love most of the authors you've listed up there. Now why didn't I think of Maggie Stiefvater?! I could have asked for spoilers on Forever!:S


    Check out my My Book Blogger Hop

    New follower! :D

    ReplyDelete

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva