Saturday, June 18, 2011

What's Your Status? June 18, 2011 & an Interview w/ Zakiya




This meme comes from Zakiya at Butterfly Feet Walking On Life. The object is to post what you have finished in the last week, what you are currently reading, what you plan to read in the coming week, and what you want to buy next. You can also post about reviews you've written and memes you have done, though these aren't mandatory. I'm also going to include the status of my reading challenges.

This week, I have a special addition to my What's Your Status? contribution. I am participating in Zaikya's What's Your Status? Contest. I have for you all an interview with Zakiya, herself. I hope you all will join me in welcoming Zakiya to Starting the Next Chapter.


1. What led you to start your blog? How long have you been blogging?
I was asked to join the blog For the Love of Reading (ikissbooks.blogspot.com) and loved it! I wanted to start my own book blog only a month later. As of July 7th, Butterfly Feet will be one year old!
2. What book have you re-read the most?
Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell; it's been read three times in all. I usually don't reread more than once.
3. If you could be friends with any character, who would you pick?
Hermione Granger from JK Rowling's Harry Potter series. Granger is smart, fun when the time's right, and super-caring about the ones she loves.
4. Which book on your shelf is the most special to you?
Any book that I have that an author sent to me, I won in a giveaway, or is signed is a special book to me! So that would be about... 6 or 7.
5. If you had to make an escape to a deserted island and could only take 5 books with you, which ones would you take?
Knowing me, I would cheat and take my Kindle. But if I had to choose only five, I would pick City of Glass by Cassandra Clare, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling, Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer, P.S. I Loathe You by Lisi Harrison, and Night World: Volume 1 by LJ Smith.
6. If you could be one type of supernatural figure, what would you be?
I would definitely be a shapeshifter. What I'd like to shift into, I have no idea. :)
7. What is the first book you remember reading?
The first books I can remember reading are Sesame Street children's books my mom bought to teach my brother and I how to read.
8. What is your zaniest pet peeve?
When people talk during the entire movie! I know it may seem simple, but when you're like me and have a short temper, it's very annoying!
9. Name one odd fact about yourself that may surprise your readers.
One odd fact.... I made a 23 on my ACT last year. As a 7th grader.

Wow! Thanks, Zakiya. It was great having the chance to interview you. If you want to check out Zakiya's blog, you can find the link at the top of this post. You can also follow her via Twitter (walkinginsects) and Goodreads (walkingbutterfly).

If you want to see Zakiya's interview of me, you can head over HERE.



And now, on to the week in review! I've been suffering from anxiety and migraines all week, so I didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped. I still managed to get some great books read, though.

Books Finished: June 12 - June 18














Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Currently Reading














Legacy by Cayla Kluver (I've not been able to get much further into this one this week since my migraines have prevented me from being able to stare at the computer screen for very long.)
The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma (I'm going to give this one a little more time before giving it up as a lost cause. Not finishing a book upsets me, but I'm just not feeling it.)

Next on My To-Read List














Hereafter by Tara Hudson
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Lament by Maggie Stiefvater

Reviews

Starcrossed
Forever

Posts of Note

May I Introduce... Books Most Wanted - in which I introduce my dear friend Nikki's blog

Have to Have it Tuesday - in which I try out a new project

Challenges
Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge (64/100, 64% finished) - Even after only having finished three books this week, Goodreads says that I am 18 books ahead of schedule.

2011 E-Book Reading Challenge (19/20, 95% finished) - No progress this week. It would be so much better if I could get my Netgalley books onto my Nook.

2011 YA Reading Challenge (46/50, 92% finished) - Only 4 more books to go! This is the maximum level for the challenge, so I'm pretty proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruta Fans
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Incredible Things and Under My Umbrella kits by Irene Alexeeva